I used to have a Typhoon (youth Hurricane, weaker Spring, smaller grip) but traded it in my teens for a Gamo Expomatic/ASI Paratrooper repeater. Fond memories, though. Must get one sometime.

My current stock is an early post-war Mk1 (.22"), a pre-1956 post-war Senior (.177"), a Tempest (.22"), and a Hurricane (.177").

My impressions:

Accuracy: Hurricane by a long way. Then Senior, then a tie.

Handling: Tempest, Senior close behind, Hurricane, Mk1.

Ease of cocking: Hurricane; Senior/Tempest draw, Mk1 definite last.

Pleasure of ownership/build quality/nostalgia: Senior way ahead. Then Mk1. The alloy later guns do not get close, even if they perform as well or better. The old all steel Webleys have the same reassuring compact heft as a Smith and Wesson Chiefs Special or Combat Magnum.

One I would keep: Senior. Hurricane close, but I have Diana 5s and a BSA Scorpion that fill the same niche, or, in the case of the Scorp, exceed it in all areas (including accuracy, not just size and power).

Recommendation: seek out a Senior, and/or an early Premier. Most Webley guys reckon that an early Premier is the best combination of characteristics (including trigger quality) that you can get. In my book, a good (which means nice trigger, they vary) Senior is similar.