Thread: Co2 pistol

Co2 pistol

OK
    I know zero about these so could I ask about a Walther cp88 comp

Ive been offered one in mint condition and complete with all that came with it when bought new in
    2003, has 4 caplets left in box.

So, are these any good and whats an approximate value, I think it could be a bit of fun after all..

Cheers

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    OK
    I know zero about these so could I ask about a Walther cp88 comp

Ive been offered one in mint condition and complete with all that came with it when bought new in
    2003, has 4 caplets left in box.

So, are these any good and whats an approximate value, I think it could be a bit of fun after all..

Cheers

Chris
    It has the longer barrel than the standard CP88 so more accurate.
    Value wise they fetch more than the standard. I'd be thinking £125 upwards. Worth more with the wood grips.

The basic design is like any of the other mag fed pistols just modelled on each particular pistol.

Probably the best of the bunch. Actually handles well. I like the CP88.
    B.A.S.C. member

One of the Umarex "four kings" and if you only ever have one co2 pistol definitely one of the best. The 6" barrel versions are highly sought after and go for up to £200. You won't be disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by AdeC View Post
    One of the Umarex "four kings" and if you only ever have one co2 pistol definitely one of the best. The 6" barrel versions are highly sought after and go for up to £200. You won't be disappointed
    Not heard the four kings reference before - what are the other three?

As said, the CP88 is a decent compact pistol. I much prefer the action of the (larger) 10 shot Umerex S&W 586-6.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Colt 1911
    Beretta 92
    Smith and Wesson 586

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Colt 1911
    Beretta 92
    Smith and Wesson 586
    Oh I see:

Colt 1911 - too pretty to sell
    Beretta 92fs - too heavy to keep
    S&W 586 - nuff said!
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Very nice, one of the better modern CO2 repeaters. Especially nice if it has wood grips "match" adjustable rear sight, or both.

Comment above says there is a longer barrel. I am not sure of this. The Competition model has an extended nose piece that seems to increase barrel length but is, I believe, just an additional bit (about 2") on the end. I think the barrel length is the same without the extension. If I am wrong, I apologise ....
    My guess is that any accuracy gain is due to the increased weight maybe reducing flip.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Comment above says there is a longer barrel. I am not sure of this. The Competition model has an extended nose piece that seems to increase barrel length but is, I believe, just an additional bit (about 2") on the end. I think the barrel length is the same without the extension. If I am wrong, I apologise ....
    My guess is that any accuracy gain is due to the increased weight maybe reducing flip.
    Cheers, Phil
    You are wrong. Took the false "compensator" off mine to fit a slide on silencer.

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 11-12-2017 at 11:59 AM. Reason: modify
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    You are wrong. Took the false "compensator" off mine to fit a slide on silencer.

Baz

Thanks Baz ... I stand corrected. Sorry for getting it wrong. I now wonder what made me think what I did.
    Live and learn ... and a good photo.
    Cheers, Phil

Baz

It's exactly the same as the "target" barrel for the RWS C225 which is essentially the same pistol inside

Baz

Is your silencer a custom job, Baz, or is there a production one that fits?
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

It was a production one for some other make, it clamps on with an allen screw, but I had it so long I don't know where I got it from. Very similar to the old slip on one for the Crosman Rabbit Stopper.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD