Thread: New gloss black scopes?

New gloss black scopes?

Can you still get them? Been looking for the Bushnell sportsman one but it seems they don't do it anymore.
    Is there any others still being made?

Thanks

They're not cheap, but Leupold still make a number of gloss scopes, including the lovely 3-9x32mm EFR. Not all of them seem to be stocked by UK dealers, though.

Pity, really. I like gloss scopes. The whole low-reflection, black plastic, mil-spec, parkerised, tacticool, Gucci, ninja, 1980s SF aesthetic leaves me a bit cold when applied to airguns (unless it's a 1970s Jackal, because I wanted one when I was twelve, and now I have one, so nyah-nyah-na-na-nyah, as we used to say in the school playground).

They are only available second hand if your lucky to find one. You just missed one that didn't sell on the bay. Excellent condition and £45 Plus postage, they may relist it?
    I've had a couple in the past and they look the part with good optical quality for an air rifle distances!!!!
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Gloss Scopes

Not longer in vogue!! But you can still get second hand on the evil bay by - Tasco, Bushnell, Leupold, Nikko, Webley, Parker Hale, Weaver, Simmons..just to mention a few. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 07-12-2017 at 08:23 AM.

Thanks chaps,

The leups look stunning but out of budget at this time of year unfortunately so was looking at the moderately priced sportsman or similar as a stocking filler to top off a 35E.
    Funny enough I used to have a Simmons 3-9x40 deer field or deerhunter? Gloss black years ago and it never lost zero on a 97 even though it was budget priced.
    Probably the most reliable scope I've had.
    Cheers

I bought a tasco 3-9×40 gloss finish from optics warehouse in the last 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by fieldandtarget View Post
    Thanks chaps,

The leups look stunning but out of budget at this time of year unfortunately so was looking at the moderately priced sportsman or similar as a stocking filler to top off a 35E.
    Funny enough I used to have a Simmons 3-9x40 deer field or deerhunter? Gloss black years ago and it never lost zero on a 97 even though it was budget priced.
    Probably the most reliable scope I've had.
    Cheers
    Ive just bought one of these gloss scopes with red writing and washer. Duplex ret
    I didnt know what it was called though, as I just bought it as a mate was throwing it off his recent rifle purchase,its crystal clear from 10yds out and will sit on top of my rapid lovely, Ive got to give him a £25. I also have an old Simmons 4-16-40 thats so bright and crisp it makes me think hard before buying any scope since as its hard to beat

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by fieldandtarget View Post
    Can you still get them? Been looking for the Bushnell sportsman one but it seems they don't do it anymore.
    Is there any others still being made?

Thanks
    You probably don't want to know this but I got a nice Sportsman from optics sales on here a few weeks back. It's now on my Evo and is a cracking scope for the money, I already have a Legend and a Trophy but well impressed with this.
    Regards,
    Dave.