Thread: Parker Hale Phoenix carbine .177 pellet choice

Parker Hale Phoenix carbine .177 pellet choice

Hi all,

A question for any Phoenix .177 carbine owners.

What pellets do you use?

I know they used Logun 9.5's in testing but can't seem to find these anywhere.

I'm about to purchase one of these beauties but unfortunately will not have time to pay around testing different pellets before popping to the UK to collect it then flying it down south to Southern Africa.

It can be difficult to find good quality pellets here so wanted to bulk order a few thousand to fly with me.

I found magnums worked great in my old .22 Phoenix full length.

Also if anyone has any .177 mags or standard/ quickfill bottles they no longer need let me know.

Cheers for any help and happy shooting

Geoff

Air Arms Diablo field 4.52 were fine in mine.

As above ... or JSB equivalent.
    Cheers, Phil

If it's used ask the seller.
    For the cost of excess baggage & the weight of pellets I'd call it quite a risk to buy several thousand on the off chance they work, better to buy a selection where you have the choice then have a bulk order shipped to you in SA once you know what it likes.
    I say that having bought my FAC Rapid used along with several thousand H&N pellets which, when tested, were utter cr*p through it, I'm certain it was only being sold because the seller had not bothered to find the accurate pellet for it.

Cheers for the input guys.

I know its better to test a few types and I have done in the past with all my airguns but its hard to even get something delivered to Malawi let alone the cost of having pellets sent and all the import taxes they charge.

When I fly it over the total weight that can travel in the gun case, as it classes as checked luggage, is 23kg so I want to make the most of it and bring what bits I can as my other checked bag will no doubt also be at max weight with other things.

High quality airgun accessories are few and far between here as mostly we use big bore rifles.
    FX Maverick .22, FX Impact MK2 .30, PAX Phoenix MK2 Rifle .177, 410 SBS,
    CZ Brno 30-06, Dakota 76 African .416 Rigby, Rossi .38 special

I find H&N FTT & Baracuda Match and Bisley Magnum (which are Baracuda Match) work well if it has a BSA barrel. Both my Phoenix and FastFire have BSA barrels.

JSB Exact & heavies were ok but H&N were more consistent. I had the occasional flyer with JSB.