Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it worth bothering to have my barrel blued?

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    I'd either leave as is or get it reblued. I think you'd be disappointed with a paint finish and it would scratch very easy.
    Nice looking rifle.
    Yes I think you are right

I was also thinking that it might be a idea to perhaps try a bit of customising like this 52 it also has a polished barrel, I like the gold bits both ends of the barrel, not sure how I could do something like that on my 34.

Colin Molloy, excellent as he may be, is not the only rifle refinisher. Try RichardH on this BBS, although I believe he is on holiday until the middle of December. Use email: richard.harvey@ngbailey.co.uk. rather than PM.

chroming is an option. at around £200.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

Also Paul Chell - Ozgood on here- does good work.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Also Paul Chell - Ozgood on here- does good work.
    Yep I've had a couple of guns done by Paul and my Diana 34 action was done by Richard, if you're not to worried about the barrel properly matching the action then try some heat shrink wrap for cables (I got some from a local electrical factors), I did it on an old Chinese rifle, buy the length you need and the closest bore size to the barrel, slide it over and with a heat gun gently heat it until it shrinks to the barrel, you'll have to trim the wrap where the open sights fix on but it will protect it and give it some sort of colour match in theory.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Some of you custom fans might like to have a look at this video

https://youtu.be/yzas1tK1VI0

There's some talented people out there, that's for sure. Here's another good one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQn5PdM5mbw

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    There's some talented people out there, that's for sure. Here's another good one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQn5PdM5mbw
    Superb..

Blueing / blacking

Theres bluing and blacking , is there a difference as in the colour or are they just the same

Ive only had one reblue and although it looked lovey it never shot as well ever again, can the blueing effect the inside of the barrel at all ?
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars