Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HW100 silencer removal

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedTripleR View Post
    It’s going back to the shop tomorrow and if there’s any issues, they can change the entire gun for another one. This is only a few days old and not even zeroed yet.

Not having much luck really, as this HW100 was a direct replacement for a BSA R10 SE that’s had too many problems to list.

This will be my 6th visit back to the Airgun Centre in Rayleigh with problems with their guns in a matter of weeks!

Starting to think I’d be better off saving money in future and buying elsewhere, as you pay higher prices with them for the promise of lifetime warranty. If they can’t check a brand new gun over prior to sale, it doesn’t fill me with confidence down the line!
    A sticky moderator is not big issue. Perhaps a bit of thread lock has got on to the barrel threads during the assembly. Best let them check it out for you.

A.G

I had this problem on a HW100. Remove the barrel and use a rubber boa to remove the silencer base. I never had to use heat to get it off.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    It's hardly the shops fault that the items they receive from the manufacturer are not perfect, with the exception of vehicles I'd expect pretty much everything I buy to be sealed in a box as it left the factory not having had a "middle man" tinker with it.
    You’re right, it’s not the shops fault that the gun has had a problem, or in the case of the BSA R10 that this replaces.....numerous problems. It is however the shop that you have the contract with, and it IS the shops obligation to rectify any issues that arise.

The shop managed to remove this for me without too much fuss, so all is well. It’s now had a bit of grease put on the thread so shouldn’t cause any further problems now.

Good news. Did you by any chance ask the shop how they did it?
    Cheers, Phil