Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone in the UK make reproduction Webley Cases?

Does anyone in the UK make reproduction Webley Cases?

I have seen old Webley cases like this: https://i.imgur.com/E1HshZz.jpg

I know a real one would be impossible but would like to fit my old Webley Straight grip pistol to a retroduction of one of these cases? That is one thing I could import to this country. Thanks.

Case

The labels are on for £5 the case is quite simple to make

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post

I know a real one would be impossible but would like to fit my old Webley Straight grip pistol to a retroduction of one of these cases? That is one thing I could import to this country. Thanks.
    Original rexine cases, as shown in your photograph, do occasionally come up for sale but tend to be expensive, however, the correct period case for your Mk.11 Target would be the earlier canvas and leather case, once again an original would be expensive, but good reproductions are available from a UK maker at much less cost.
    I did see several of these for sale at the last Kempton arms and militaria fair, which isn't a lot of use to you I know.
    Unfortunately the maker of these cases is not a BBS member, but I will contact him to see if he has any available, but if not, he will make one to order.
    Having just spoken to the man concerned, I now know the Mk.11 Target will fit in the canvas and leather case.
    You can see photographs of both types here: http://mynetimages.com/album/Trouble...or_Air_Pistol/
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 08-12-2017 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Additional information.

Does the USA forbid the importation of old air pistols ?
    Or is it us Quasi Europeans making life difficult for you?

Iv'e been unsuccessfully looking for an original post-war Webley rexine case for years now as I have a nice boxed Senior, correct pellet tin, oil can and instructions etc, but no case. I have come across a couple of correct original sets, but the asking price was prohibitive. As Troubledshooter says, the pre war Mk 1 and Mk2 Target were not sold cased and it wasn't until the pre-war Slant Grip model appeared that a canvas case was offered. As far as I'm aware, reproduction post-war cases are not available anywhere, but small cutlery cases can be quite easily modified to accept the pistol and accessories.

I am however fortunate enough to have an original canvas cased Senior with correct oil can, pellets, cleaning brush etc which took quite a long time and quite a bit of cash to finally source.

Good luck with finding a nice case to house your pistol.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Does the USA forbid the importation of old air pistols ?
    Or is it us Quasi Europeans making life difficult for you?
    Quasi Europeans, in US air pistols are unregulated can post freely.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Iv'e been unsuccessfully looking for an original post-war Webley rexine case for years now as I have a nice boxed Senior, correct pellet tin, oil can and instructions etc, but no case. I have come across a couple of correct original sets, but the asking price was prohibitive. As Troubledshooter says, the pre war Mk 1 and Mk2 Target were not sold cased and it wasn't until the pre-war Slant Grip model appeared that a canvas case was offered. As far as I'm aware, reproduction post-war cases are not available anywhere, but small cutlery cases can be quite easily modified to accept the pistol and accessories.

I am however fortunate enough to have an original canvas cased Senior with correct oil can, pellets, cleaning brush etc which took quite a long time and quite a bit of cash to finally source.

Regards

Brian
    Interesting didn’t pickup that the Mark 2 Target would never have been cased. I have made lots of cases for other guns, not sure what I will do. Professional or me? Just feel the Target deserves a better presentation?

Hello

I have sent you an email

Quasi Europeans, in US air pistols are unregulated can post freely.
    Imagine that!

Well actually I am old enough to remember when airguns were not such dreadful things.

Regards

Brian
    Dave Lewis makes both replica Webley pre war canvas and leather, and post war rexine covered cases.

A couple of cases adapted to house Webley air pistols.

1. Cutlery case now home to a Webley Junior.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...hccPYU9PuWBjNM

2. Case originally intended for Turkish made Webley Tempest Centennial model now housing a post-war Webley Senior.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...SS3fnOd1BN_DOV

Regards
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Dave Lewis makes both replica Webley pre war canvas and leather, and post war rexine covered cases.
    Hello David,

Any chance of letting me have contact details / pictures.

Regards
    Brian

Hello David,

Regards
    Brian

Edit post - Sorry - mis-information
    Last edited by Sam99; 09-12-2017 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Seat - keyboard interface issues

Hello David,

Regards
    Brian
    If you go to Tim Dyson's site, click on pistols- post 1939, the Senior is in one of Dave's cases. I tried to post a direct link but kept on getting a blank page.

I will PM his phone number.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    If you go to Tim Dyson's site, click on pistols- post 1939, the Senior is in one of Dave's cases. I tried to post a direct link but kept on getting a blank page.

I will PM his phone number.
    Hello David,

Many thanks.

Brian