Thread: Talk to me about pelet sizers

Talk to me about pelet sizers

With the current offer on at tbt I am thinking about the Pellet sizers.
    Would the 4.53 Pellet sizer actually expand a Pellet out to a guaranteed 4.53 or do they only squeeze Pellets down to that size?

Is it the head size that's sized or just the skirt?

It's 4.53 jsb I want.

Has anyone who uses these found them to be worth the hassle?

Or are they a bit like Pellet lube a good idea but.......

It's a bit late and I am not sure I am making it much sense I know 4.53 refers to the head size and the Pellets skirt expands into the rifling.

I have seen pictures of a home made Pellet and sizer for making 22 Pellets bigger to fit old bsa barrels etc but this basically flared the skirt out.
    Last edited by dayglowfroggy; 07-12-2017 at 11:44 PM.

I uses a pellet sizer to make sure all my pellets are the same size, some are tighter through the sizer than others, which kind of shows it's doing its job. But, a sizer cannot make the pellet bigger, so a 4.50 pellet passing through a 4.53 sizer is just going to pass though very easily or even drop straight through.

TR Robb make a sizer which is adjustable, this can be adjusted in such a way that it only flares the skirt of the pellet, this could increase consistency from your rifle as although the air hitting the back of the pellet will do the same job, it is possible that some of that air could escape past the skirt before it has been expanded fully.

Sizing works in some rifles and is unnecessary with others, same as lubing.

pellet gauge

a pellet gauge would be the way to go that will check head size