Thread: Buying guns you'll never use.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Things are made to be used, if you're not going to use them then it was a waste of time, effort, money & resources to build them.
    Collecting utterly baffles me, you might as well just take a photo if all you do is look at them, & if locked away then they can't even be looked at.

It's called the joy of ownership - don't underestimate it.

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    It's called the joy of ownership - don't underestimate it.
    Completely agree!! And if bought wisely an investment.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Things are made to be used, if you're not going to use them then it was a waste of time, effort, money & resources to build them.
    Collecting utterly baffles me, you might as well just take a photo if all you do is look at them, & if locked away then they can't even be looked at.
    Used postage stamps, buttons, tin cans, bottle tops, hair pins, snuff boxes, empty pellet tins, scent bottles, pebbles off the beach, its amazing what people collect. I have studied the human race for years in wonder how complex we are. If it gives you pleasure to own and look at something every now and then, why not ? As long as you can afford your hobby. One thing about collecting air guns you do eventually get your money back sometimes with a plus. I have given dozens of scrap rifles a whole new life for others to enjoy in the future long after I am gone, BSA's Webleys Crosmans Sheridans Benjamins Bahcos etc....

Baz
    Last edited by Benelli B76; 08-12-2017 at 01:22 PM.
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

a friends x girlfriend's step dad collects rifles and pistols . my mate got a s410 and Tx200hc from him . he has a stealth,s16 ,HW90, air arms prosport and around another 10 to 15 rifles and around 20 air pistols .some are rare from what he told my mate . he bought them new and sometimes never even shot them . they sit in a locked cabinet and only come out every so often to get a wipe down then put away again.

i asked if he would sell me the HW90 and the answer was "No"

he swapped a tig welder for the TX200hc and i'm not sure what he swapped him to get the S410.

he had a stirrup pump for the Pcp rifles and a chrono which was still taped up from the factory and never used .

my mate split up with the girlfriend so im not sure if he applied for an airgun license .

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    a friends x girlfriend's step dad collects rifles and pistols . my mate got a s410 and Tx200hc from him . he has a stealth,s16 ,HW90, air arms prosport and around another 10 to 15 rifles and around 20 air pistols .some are rare from what he told my mate . he bought them new and sometimes never even shot them . they sit in a locked cabinet and only come out every so often to get a wipe down then put away again.

i asked if he would sell me the HW90 and the answer was "No"

he swapped a tig welder for the TX200hc and i'm not sure what he swapped him to get the S410.

he had a stirrup pump for the Pcp rifles and a chrono which was still taped up from the factory and never used .

my mate split up with the girlfriend so im not sure if he applied for an airgun license .

That has got to be the best punchline of the year!

I want a BSA airsporter stutzen with open sights and a cobra sling
    It would be mounted on a fine set of royal red stag antlers which i also collect
    I have two muzzle loaders i bought from a very very nice chap who is a member of this forum they look stunning in my living room
    with a sabre i bought of an equally fine gent on here goes well with my collection of fine antiques
    Just beautiful things to look at in my rather sophisticated man cave
    Non of them will be used until the impending zombie apocolypse .

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Being a southpaw, I once bought a superb Left Handed .177 Cal. Theoben MFR. It had a left hand action/bolt as well as the stock, something I had always dreamed of !
    It was totally mint and beautiful, I thought all my dreams and aspirations had been answered so I teamed it up with a fine Leupold M8 6 x 42 fixed mag and created a very fine air rifle !

BUT it lived untouched in my cabinet "un shot" for about 18 months until I eventually sold it along with a few others to fund a new Blaser R93 .270.
    No regrets, but I sometimes wonder if just maybe I should have kept it ?
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    That has got to be the best punchline of the year!
    i meant to say if the step dad applied for a license my mate applied for one and got it
    Last edited by bighit; 08-12-2017 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Used postage stamps, buttons, tin cans, bottle tops, hair pins, snuff boxes, empty pellet tins, scent bottles, pebbles off the beach, its amazing what people collect. I have studied the human race for years in wonder how complex we are. If it gives you pleasure to own and look at something every now and then, why not ? As long as you can afford your hobby. One thing about collecting air guns you do eventually get your money back sometimes with a plus. I have given dozens of scrap rifles a whole new life for others to enjoy in the future long after I am gone, BSA's Webleys Crosmans Sheridans Benjamins Bahcos etc....

Baz
    Definitely Baz, I wish I could get out more to shoot and take a fair few over when I do, doesn't stop me buying something I like or I've wanted for a while, especially if it pops up at a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Excellent idea, saves on wall paper!!!!!!
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.