Thread: 3-9x40 scope

3-9x40 scope

With a max budget of £100 I’m looking for a 3-9x40ao scope preferably with a mildot reticle and decent glass and wide fov.ive had the hawke vantage which wasn’t suited to my eyes.any recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    With a max budget of £100 I’m looking for a 3-9x40ao scope preferably with a mildot reticle and decent glass and wide fov.ive had the hawke vantage which wasn’t suited to my eyes.any recommendations
    Nikko Stirling Panamax - can't rate them enough for the money.

I've just received a Nikko Mountmaster in 3-9x40AO format.
    Half mil dot ret and decent glass for £48 posted.
    Mounts included too - and pre-fitted!
    That's good value from Uttings.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by knightrider View Post
    Just a couple of points to consider when asking a lot from a cheap scope.
    I have had Panoramas, Panamax and some other " wide " scopes. They all suffered from one degree or the other from POI change with parallax change or POI change with Mag change. The best of the bunch that I have kept is the Hawke 3X9X 40 EV fixed focus Panorama which seems to be fine but it had to be reprallaxed to 25 Yards and then sealed up. There is only so much a cheap scope can deliver.

A.G