Thread: Which hw35 seal.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    Thanks for the in depth answer, but I forgot to say that it's already synthetic.
    I thought I had fixed the porous breach, but now not sure. I have reassembled and tried it - the results are the same, about 8ftlb.
    Tbh, I'm not sure it even had a leaky breach. My plan with this project was not to throw money at it, just do all I can without spending a penny!
    I think I'm going to get the new seals and see what happens.
    Hi Dave
    Try one of Mr Popes FAC seals - It certainly works on mine.
    Its also got a 4mm TP, however its never been an issue - it shoots rather sweetly
    Come round and give it a try if you want?

Cheers Steve
    PS has the face of the cylinder in the breach seal been channelled by the barrel lock device?

I used an Aussie red seal in a project of mine. I found them oversize and whilst making for a mild shot cycle the fpe dropped. I now have it in my spares. Gratis if you want it to play with. I might have a spring also. Drop me a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    I used an Aussie red seal in a project of mine. I found them oversize and whilst making for a mild shot cycle the fpe dropped. I now have it in my spares. Gratis if you want it to play with. I might have a spring also. Drop me a pm.
    Thankyou, that's very kind - I will drop you a P.M

Thankyou, that's very kind - I will drop you a P.M
    Sent today. Have fun with them over crimbo. You might need to chop the spring a bit as it's an hw80 and check the seal is sized okay (tight in my 35)

Sent today. Have fun with them over crimbo. You might need to chop the spring a bit as it's an hw80 and check the seal is sized okay (tight in my 35)
    Thanks, you're a gent. That's 2 projects lined up for crimbo! As agreed, help for heroes will be receiving a donation to reflect your kindness.

Thank you very much! Arrived today.
    As I have mentioned in another post, this forum is a great place.

Let us know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    Hi Dave
    Try one of Mr Popes FAC seals - It certainly works on mine.
    Its also got a 4mm TP, however its never been an issue - it shoots rather sweetly
    Come round and give it a try if you want?

Cheers Steve
    PS has the face of the cylinder in the breach seal been channelled by the barrel lock device?

Hi Steve,
    I have just measured and I have TP of about 2.9mm
    As you know Mr Pope is rather busy at the moment (any news?) BAR are showing as out of stock. I have not called Steve for almost a year now, as I don't want to bother him.

Next time I'm working in your area, I may take you up on your offer - even if we just catch up over a cuppa and chat about everything airgun!!

Hi Steve,
    I have just measured and I have TP of about 2.9mm
    As you know Mr Pope is rather busy at the moment (any news?) BAR are showing as out of stock. I have not called Steve for almost a year now, as I don't want to bother him.

Next time I'm working in your area, I may take you up on your offer - even if we just catch up over a cuppa and chat about everything airgun!!
    No Problems Dave - look forward to it.

Cheers Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    No Problems Dave - look forward to it.

Cheers Steve
    The Boinger Bash is tailor made for fine boingery chaps like your good selves.

You'd love it and it'd be great to meet you.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Tony it would be great to attend....who knows?

Cheers

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Thanks Tony,
    I have always wanted to, but they have always fallen on family events. When is the next one? I'll try to make it.
    ATB.

Subject to final confirmation by our good host, but looking very likely to be April the 7th and 8th.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!