Thread: BSA airsporter mk2 part!

BSA airsporter mk2 part!

Does anyone happen to know what size the rear sight blade retaining screws are on the bsa airsporter mk 2? I know I could get them from John knibs but he’s out of stock at the moment and is reluctant to tell me what size they are ! So I won’t be buying them off him now on principle ..
    Any suggestions on where I may acquire some would be greatly appreciated ..

Cheers Dave .

I went into a jewellers shop and got some for mine they have loads of small screws, (PS just take the rear sight along not a good idea walking in there with a gun lol )

Rear sight screw size

Mine measure 0.067" diameter on the thread. This is equivalent to 10BA, but I don't know if the thread pitch is the same as a 10BA screw.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

This is not a joke you’re comment about getting some from a jewlers shop just brought back memories got some spare money years ago bought my self a Webley shotgun from a gun shop in Liverpool made up with my purchase in a case saw a sale on in a jewlers shop took my 9yrs old daughter in to buy some earrings all the staff went behind a door very quickly leaving one man to serve me I payed the man and left the shop then it dawned on me shotgun plus jewlers shop and one more parked my six cylinder triumph car on double yellow lines Leged it in to the main post office to get tax I had been goose shooting that morning balaclava and magnum ctgs on the back seat of the car came back out a police motorbike parked in front of my car with a very scared copper on the radio mike

Thanks for the info guys, I think I’ll skip the jewellers shop option, it’s bad enough buying a copy of gun mart from my local WH smiths..

Screw

If you get stuck let me know and i will whip one out of mine
    And take with me to my local merchants to mate

Quote Originally Posted by bu dave View Post
    Does anyone happen to know what size the rear sight blade retaining screws are on the bsa airsporter mk 2? I know I could get them from John knibs but he’s out of stock at the moment and is reluctant to tell me what size they are ! So I won’t be buying them off him now on principle ..
    Any suggestions on where I may acquire some would be greatly appreciated ..

Cheers Dave .
    Std. mild steel 10 BA buddy...
    Your only problem is it has a semi domed top....more than a cheese head but not Jap ...
    ALmost impossible to source....could go a std. cheese and blend it in a pin chuck on the Lathe ...
    Let me know if you fail and ill machine you one but it wont be cheap as a real tricky one off ...
    Last edited by clarky; 11-12-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Thanks for the offer Mark and clarky, I’ll let you know have a get on .

Cheers Dave.