Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
I knew the Custom had the nicer stock with the higher cheekpiece and also the Maxigrip scope rail. I didn't realise it had the breech bolt; cheers Pete.

Many years ago I bought the standard Supersport to avoid the rail and put a Custom stock on it.

Personally, I think the Challenger is a far more graceful rifle. And, with the smaller diameter piston (and lighter?) a sweeter shooter, generally? Certainly in my limited experience of them, the Challenger was the sweeter rifle.

Hey, Pete, Mr Beeza Guru.....I'm hoping my Supersport project may arrive with me tomorrow. Just thinking slightly ahead to tinkering time.....it's yonks since I worked on that one of mine.....does piston removal entail sear removal or will pulling the trigger suffice?
Tony correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure the 28mm cylinder size of the Challenger is the same as the Supersport (Merc, Superstar and Airsporter as well), are you getting confused with Project 'Cock which is 25mm?

Totally agree with you about the Challenger being more graceful, sorry mate but I'm not quite sure about piston removal as I've never done it on a Supersport, I've only ever owned a couple of Lightnings and I never opened them up, I've opened a Superstar up (same procedure as a Supersport) but never took the piston out because of the Maxigrip, if you need opening up advice I can help with that.

Pete