Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
Oh, I like the look of that. Handsome like a race 'orse. A bolt you say? Hmm... mebbe I will look for one of these as well. Rocking-horse dung you say? Let me write to my Unobtanium dealer ...
It will probably be cheaper to get a standard cylinder machined to accept a Challenger/later Merc breech bolt and nut.

I've just been down Pompey gunshop and retrieved said beast and I have to say it's not a bad little rifle, it's not been looked after very well, the stock has your typical scratches and wear and the blue has suffered with spots of rust which luckily have come off but it's not perfect (what does it take to rub an oily rag over the metal work after every time you use it), anyway as you all know I hate starting HW99 threads but I recon if BSA had kept this model going it would have been a pretty good rifle to challenge the sweet little 99 to a bit of fisty cuffs, the trigger is really crisp on this one, although it's not a proper two stager there's no creep on the first stage with a positive stop and lets off very predictably, not sure what's going on inside? if it's the same condition inside as it was outside then it's going to need work, although it doesn't actually twang or is as ruff cocking as I thought it was going to be, in fact it's pretty smooth, I've not chronoed it yet as the breech seal is shagged (although it's not puffing air out vertically) and obviously there is no wobbly barrel as the bolt does it's job as it should but the good thing about it is it's bloody light.

Pete