Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Acvoke grips (casting)

Good job there Phil they look good.

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
    Good job there Phil they look good.
    Cheers Steve,I’ve got your Warrior grips parcelled up but I haven’t managed to get to the post office yet, fingers crossed for tomorrow mate

Ok Phil Thanks.

I have seen some of Phil's projects and they are the dogs nob!

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Just received the Acvoke grips from Phil today and can agree entirely with the above sentiments. I lost no time in fitting them to my old salvaged Acvoke, which hadn't seen the light of day for years because of its lack of grips. A bit of Dremel fettling to allow for line up of pins with holes on the inside of the grips and the plates fitted as snug as a bug in a rug. Indistinguishable from the real thing from the outside, easily identifed as repro's from the inside.

Here are the before pics https://imgur.com/a/5PjP6 and here is the result: https://imgur.com/a/U8YiO
    https://imgur.com/a/LmeXu

Many thanks Phil, you are a true gent, and very skillful to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    Just received the Acvoke grips from Phil today and can agree entirely with the above sentiments. I lost no time in fitting them to my old salvaged Acvoke, which hadn't seen the light of day for years because of its lack of grips. A bit of Dremel fettling to allow for line up of pins with holes on the inside of the grips and the plates fitted as snug as a bug in a rug. Indistinguishable from the real thing from the outside, easily identifed as repro's from the inside.

Here are the before pics https://imgur.com/a/5PjP6 and here is the result: https://imgur.com/a/U8YiO
    https://imgur.com/a/LmeXu

Many thanks Phil, you are a true gent, and very skillful to boot.
    Glad you are pleased with them John and thanks for the photos. Atb Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    No higher praise than that cheers Pete

If they are available I would like a pair as mine has some home made wooden grips.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    If they are available I would like a pair as mine has some home made wooden grips.
    Leave that thought with me

Having had a fair amount (relatively speaking) of requests for the Acvoke grips here and elsewhere, I think it might be nice to make a few pairs. I’ve never made any to sell and that was never my intention when I initially set out I’ve just made grips for myself and friends and swopped a few etc. They are very time consuming so I won’t be doing many so with respect if you don’t have an Acvoke please don’t buy any and I mean that in the nicest way. Those that asked first will be given first refusal and I will be in touch.
    Please note that although the front of the grips is identical I purposely make no attempt to make the rear look authentic,I have no wish to deceive anyone present or future. As Ccdjg’s were the first I finished them completely with the locating holes to the rear being matched up with my Acvoke however as John pointed out there must have been slight variations originally with the pistols themselves so would those interested be happy with making their own locating holes? (Easy to do with a dremel or even carefully with a drill) and of course the fixing nut which I think most people would want to fit from their original damaged grips perhaps. Atb Phil

What a great job you've made of those Acvoke grips, Phil. I remember buying a Webley straight grip Senior on here with Junior grips fitted and eventually got a set of replacement Senior grips on the auction site. Until I got them it was constantly on my mind, nagging me something rotten that the pistol was incomplete, like an itch I couldn't scratch.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I've just seen the pics. For some reason I was not getting email updates. Suddenly they are appearing again today. Super job!

Yes, I would be happy to drill the locating holes myself.

I don't suppose you have a mold for a Webley target model? Mine are chipped in both corners but the pistol is immaculate.

All the best,
    Jimmie

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    What a great job you've made of those Acvoke grips, Phil. I remember buying a Webley straight grip Senior on here with Junior grips fitted and eventually got a set of replacement Senior grips on the auction site. Until I got them it was constantly on my mind, nagging me something rotten that the pistol was incomplete, like an itch I couldn't scratch.
    Thanks and yes I’m just the same when I have a project where it requires parts. I guess that’s partly the reason I started making grips in the first place,that and the crazy prices they often command on the bay, people would bid so strongly I was never able to compete.
    I have spent most of the day on them and I have a total of x7 pairs made. I still have a few more hours on them flating off the rear sides but it’s a good start.
    Funnily enough I also make the Webley straight grips you mentioned,bit late of course

Quote Originally Posted by JimmieDee View Post
    I've just seen the pics. For some reason I was not getting email updates. Suddenly they are appearing again today. Super job!

Yes, I would be happy to drill the locating holes myself.

I don't suppose you have a mold for a Webley target model? Mine are chipped in both corners but the pistol is immaculate.

All the best,
    Jimmie
    Thanks Jimmie,yes I have also made a mould for the Webley straight grips that fit the Senior and Target, they actually fit the Mk1 as well that has the wood grips.

Thanks Phil the grips arrived today. A work of art and very well packed.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at