Quote Originally Posted by Hartcliffer View Post
After reading this thread with great interest, it's occurred to me that I've never shot a Webley rifle, only pistols. I've now got an itch to get one, and I've always liked the Tracker.... so I'll look for an Omega by the sounds of it.
The Tracker is my favorite ever Webley rifle. As my sig suggests I'm currently on the look out for bits to rebuild a couple of them that I own which are in a sorry state. Apart from looks and compactness they don't have much else going for them, but there's just something about the Tracker which I love

As this thread is about the best Webley my vote also went for the Omega. If you want a good first impression of a Webley then the Omega is a better bet than a Tracker! Bear in mind that they are an old rifle now and finding one which hasn't been tampered with will be a challenge.

The Tomahawk and Longbow are right up there too no doubt. Technically they are better than the Omega. However, I believe the Omega was a better rifle of its time than the Tomahawk and Longbow were of theirs.

Cheers
Greg