Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Webley Rifle made?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Get the firing squad ready for this reply!!!

Did they ever make a good gun,none of the ones I have had compared to any HW

Webley

The longbow is a match for the HW95. The HW may have a better trigger but the longbow has a better barrel and is more pointable!! I have 3 longbow's and 1 HW95...Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by sarfarm View Post

Are you including the HW57 and '90 models in that statement?

Im no great lover of Webley rifles but I give credit where its due. The Omega (like the Longbow) has an adjustable bolt for the breech, a re-setable safety catch, decent scope rail with arrestor slots, interchangeable steel foresight unit, steel rear sight, full power, decent trigger although not up to Rekord standards but what is?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I don't know about the "best" but my favourite is the Tracker. I like the look of it and the fact that it is relatively small and well balanced.

I have a Mk1 Eclipse which, to me, is just a bit too big - a bit like handling a musket. It is accurate but doesn't really look the part.

I like my Mk2s although these are in a different class of their own and cannot be compared to more modern pieces where performance is concerned.

I have a Mk3 Supertarget which I love the look of and it is accurate and fun - a bit heavy for continued use.

Finally, believe it or not, over a very short range (my garage) I like my Junior! A bit small but unbelievably consistently accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by sarfarm View Post

Come to the next boinger bash in April, you can have a go with my Longbow and Tomahawk both guns are not standard, but I think you would change your mind regarding Webley .
    Les

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Im not a Webley fan but I admit that I looked at this AD a fair bit, so IMO this is the best webley made

Have you ever fired a Patriot?

I once fired a deserter from the French Foreign Legion.

I can't work out whether that counts or not...

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Lol Like a bag of spanners

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    No but the advert does say for the discerning airgunner LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    No but the advert does say for the discerning airgunner LOL.
    Moi!

I do admit I had to get someone else to cock it.

Best Webley Rifle made?

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Im not a Webley fan but I admit that I looked at this AD a fair bit, so IMO this is the best webley made

Dear sir, you have good taste! The .25 cal has some real wallop. Recoil? What recoil? Fire something like a .577 Nitro then you will understand recoil!

Cheers

pjinoz

Best Webley?

This thread needs more thought on my part before I post my opinion.
    I shall go through my various Webleys and report back.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by pjinoz View Post

Dear sir, you have good taste! The .25 cal has some real wallop. Recoil? What recoil? Fire something like a .577 Nitro then you will understand recoil!
    Yep, I had a .25 cal Patriot set to 22ft.lb on my F.A.C. back in the day, too. I got it off Baz (we were both forum MODS on here at that time).

Baz had dressed the stock in a pale blue laminate with glittery sparkles. Sounds terribly camp, I know, but trust me, it was a lovely rifle to look at, and to shoot. It was really smooth considering (thanks to Baz's fettling), but it did not make my list as per post #16 of this thread.

Had I included an F.A.C. Springer category in my post #16, however, obviously (as the Patriot was Webley's only production run F.A.C. Springer iirc), the Patriot would have been included lol.

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 16-12-2017 at 10:46 AM. Reason: coz I can ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Yep, I had a .25 cal Patriot set to 22ft.lb on my F.A.C. back in the day, too. I got it off Baz (we were both forum MODS on here at that time).

Baz had dressed the stock in a pale blue laminate with glittery sparkles. Sounds terribly camp, I know, but trust me, it was a lovely rifle to look at, and to shoot. It was really smooth considering (thanks to Baz's fettling), but it did not make my list as per post #16 of this thread.
    Correct me if I am wrong, (and I often am), but I thought we were talking about 'run-of-the-mill', out the box models not tuned rifles.
    If that is the case I nominate the prototype Omega with the adjustable gas ram. I, and several people who have shot it, cannot understand why Webley never put it into production. Perhaps it had something to do with patents or the fact there was no safety catch fitted for the U.S. market.

ATB
    Ian