Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Best Webley Rifle made?

Quote Originally Posted by Hartcliffer View Post
    After reading this thread with great interest, it's occurred to me that I've never shot a Webley rifle, only pistols. I've now got an itch to get one, and I've always liked the Tracker.... so I'll look for an Omega by the sounds of it.
    The Tracker is my favorite ever Webley rifle. As my sig suggests I'm currently on the look out for bits to rebuild a couple of them that I own which are in a sorry state. Apart from looks and compactness they don't have much else going for them, but there's just something about the Tracker which I love

As this thread is about the best Webley my vote also went for the Omega. If you want a good first impression of a Webley then the Omega is a better bet than a Tracker! Bear in mind that they are an old rifle now and finding one which hasn't been tampered with will be a challenge.

The Tomahawk and Longbow are right up there too no doubt. Technically they are better than the Omega. However, I believe the Omega was a better rifle of its time than the Tomahawk and Longbow were of theirs.

Cheers
    Greg

Thumbs up

I've never had an 'Bows' or Tommys or Omegas so I can't really comment on them, My faves are-

1- Mk3
    2- Vulcan ks
    3- Falcon

I also have Ospreys, Mk1 and mk2 Service but they're not as nice as the mk3 Also had each oth three Mks of Hawk, Wouldn't have another thrown at me!!

Oh, Have a 2 shot Raider but I was told that wasn't even a Webley!!, It shoots great though!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

The Viscount deluxe is the best looking Tracker.

In older Brum webleys , had

2 x raiders , single and a 2 shot
    Axsor 8 shot
    stingray

still got the Axsor , can not fault it

My choice would be the Longbow and Omega. Poor trigger and barrel pin let down many of the other Webley models (Tracker, Vulcan etc.). The Mk 3 is well over rated and the Service ......

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 13-12-2017 at 02:35 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

That settles it then. End of January, I'm going to get me an Omega, and maybe a Tracker to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    The Viscount deluxe is the best looking Tracker.
    I tend to agree, as the first of the 'Tracker' series I bought was a Viscount, but I found it too unwieldy for field/hedgerow work so changed it for a shorter barreled Tracker carbine. I still have a few Trackers in various guises, some with gas springs and a couple with near 'Exhibition' stocks, along with a boxed 'Camo' version.

Get the firing squad ready for this reply!!!

Did they ever make a good gun,none of the ones I have had compared to any HW

Webley

The longbow is a match for the HW95. The HW may have a better trigger but the longbow has a better barrel and is more pointable!! I have 3 longbow's and 1 HW95...Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by sarfarm View Post

Are you including the HW57 and '90 models in that statement?

Im no great lover of Webley rifles but I give credit where its due. The Omega (like the Longbow) has an adjustable bolt for the breech, a re-setable safety catch, decent scope rail with arrestor slots, interchangeable steel foresight unit, steel rear sight, full power, decent trigger although not up to Rekord standards but what is?

ATB
    Ian

I don't know about the "best" but my favourite is the Tracker. I like the look of it and the fact that it is relatively small and well balanced.

I have a Mk1 Eclipse which, to me, is just a bit too big - a bit like handling a musket. It is accurate but doesn't really look the part.

I like my Mk2s although these are in a different class of their own and cannot be compared to more modern pieces where performance is concerned.

I have a Mk3 Supertarget which I love the look of and it is accurate and fun - a bit heavy for continued use.

Finally, believe it or not, over a very short range (my garage) I like my Junior! A bit small but unbelievably consistently accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by sarfarm View Post

Come to the next boinger bash in April, you can have a go with my Longbow and Tomahawk both guns are not standard, but I think you would change your mind regarding Webley .
    Les

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Im not a Webley fan but I admit that I looked at this AD a fair bit, so IMO this is the best webley made

Have you ever fired a Patriot?

I once fired a deserter from the French Foreign Legion.

I can't work out whether that counts or not...