Thread: Daystate Pulsar match trigger

Daystate Pulsar match trigger

Good morning all.
    Just wondered if anyone has upgraded the standard trigger to the match one and if there is a big difference.
    I haven’t made the call,to Daystate yet about cost etc. Just wanted to know the general con census.
    Thanks from a first time poster.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by markpimmy View Post
    Good morning all.
    Just wondered if anyone has upgraded the standard trigger to the match one and if there is a big difference.
    I haven’t made the call,to Daystate yet about cost etc. Just wanted to know the general con census.
    I have two Pulsars, one with each trigger, they do feel a little different due to the actual shape/material, but I don't notice any difference in performance as it's essentially a mouse click on both, which you can set up easily on either with a bit of time and patience.

On other guns with crap triggers it would be worth considering - the FX Impact I had would be a contender as I felt it was agricultural by comparison to the Pulsar. So basically, stick to what you have on the standard gun, a "better" trigger will not make you a better shot on this particular gun is my take on it.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quality?

I recently bought a Pulsar second hand (loving the rifle), that came fitted with a match trigger, plus the original in the spares; the match one was catching badly on the inside of the trigger housing, and once I took it off, I could see that the hole for the trigger pivot had not been drilled straight, so the trigger bar was effectively installed slightly diagonally. A bit of work with wet 'n dry has sorted it, but not something that I personally expect from an engineering firm like Daystate - though I know some will feel unsurprised/vindicated about this.

Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback. Just wanted a comparison really and thanks for the help on the other forum James, apologies for not posting back. Looks like I will have to strip out the trigger and have a look because I have just got too much side to side play. The gun is second hand, hardly used and in perfect condition.
    Just wondered if the match trigger would be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by markpimmy View Post
    Good morning all.
    Electronic triggers don't need much fiddling I should imagine. They are really just an electronic switch.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Electronic triggers don't need much fiddling I should imagine. They are really just an electronic switch.

A.G
    I agree to an extent. It’s the side to side play I’m concerned about really. It’s a wobbler.

Vermin Al is offline Some say, ..... 4,000fps is enough
    My match trigger has about 2-3mm side-play.
    Al

Quote Originally Posted by Vermin Al View Post
    Mine is about 0.1mm fatter than the standard trigger - not that that's the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Vermin Al View Post
    Thanks for this. I don’t feel as bad now.
    I still think it’s a lot of side play for a premium rifle though. My Air Ranger I had had nowhere near as much. I know that was mechanical, but the Pulsars trigger is too to a degree, apart from the micro switch. I think I’m going to have a go at shimming it out this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by trick cyclist View Post
    Mine is about 0.1mm fatter than the standard trigger - not that that's the problem!
    How much side play have you got on yours?

Mine came with a match trigger is it better than a normal yes but by on 1% A’s has been said it’s realy just a switch for the electric.

One trigger that is insanely good is the one fitted on to my Griffins if I could afford it and was confident it put them on all of my rifles.I was amazed when I first got it in my hands normals you have to adjust and adjust some more to get it right well not on the Griffin. Now there are two of them in the house one the SE and one the production one and yes the production one has the same trigger unit and was perfect out of the box as well.

Is it worth changing on the electric rifle up to you I don’t think you will notice it.

I did email Daystate asking if they could stick the Griffin triggers on to all my DS Rifles still waiting for the email to be answered five months down the line. I could most proberbly do it my self but alas my DIY skills are sadly lacking not to long ago I had a bash at doing a stock up a huge fail and a bill of £200 to put it right.