Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Happened to the best shot thread?

What Happened to the best shot thread?

As above-always an interesting read
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I posted mine and everyone gave up!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

it may have been deleted to prevent the 300 yard shots with a .177 on a rabbit or pigeon posts appear

A bit like on one of the facebook groups where people claimed to have shot foxes on the run at 800yrds at night with a nightmaster torch on their .223.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    it may have been deleted to prevent the 300 yard shots with a .177 on a rabbit or pigeon posts appear

A bit like on one of the facebook groups where people claimed to have shot foxes on the run at 800yrds at night with a nightmaster torch on their .223.
    ....BUT thats the best bit(s)
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I posted mine and everyone gave up!
    Yes, they feared for their windows
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Yes, they feared for their windows

Oi! Faaaark orff!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

I was enjoying that thread as well.

Most of the shots on there, from what I saw, were shots at targets - some bloody good ones as well.

All of the above.

These were my best five consecutive shots, 20 yards standing. How many rabbits is that worth?

https://i.imgur.com/dsUrKQT.jpg?1
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Well, I'm disappointed, I started the thread with the best of intentions, for sensible like minded people, and thats how it was progressing.

I'm disappointed because the vast majority of shooters own and use airguns for target shooting 'fun', and do so sensibly. I believe that most of the people who visit the forum as members do so because they like nothing more than making those shots that just don't seem possible, whether in competition or just plinking, at short range or long range. The shots that make your friends jealous, the shots that make your day.

The shots you want to tell everybody about !

But, it seems that because there are a minority of people who act irresponsibility and then post their stories, or just tell outright lies, the rest of us find ourselves 'censored-out' of talking about that which we love...airgun shooting.

Yup, very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Whilst claims of some are obviously ridiculous, the legal pursuit of vermin is just that "LEGAL".

A quote from your link to that article..
    "indiscriminate shooting of foxes and rabbits beyond what might be deemed 'pest control'.

What exactly would be deemed pest control ?? Both rabbits and fox cause masses of damage and as far as I'm aware there are no restrictions on the control of either. Are some more "verminous" than others ?

That story is the usual crap peddled by those who wish all fieldsports banned.
    The exception, being the injuries mentioned which are obviously catastrophic.
    Pursuit of badger, deer etc by means described in that article are also illegal. How can you possibly tar someone going about rabbit shooting legally with the same brush ?

Perhaps we should only allow fluffy animal loving usernames on here ?

I shoot rabbits and the permissions I have are for the total removal of any rabbit on those perms. The fact I barely scratch the surface, is irrelevant.
    the article is an example of how the media twist things . the squirrel one not long back was in the same vein as this story . it was written to shock people .on the other hand there is people that also do the airgun cause no good by posting stories that could be taken and twisted by the media .

i'm sure Terry Doe has spent many hours in phone calls to the media to dispel the untrue facts.

unless the public are shooters themselves they will not know the truth and they will hang onto every word the media tells them .

lets not forget that anything posted in non airgun on here ,comes up in google searches ( unless its been changed ) so the media wont have to be a registered user to access threads like that to then exploit them .

yes ,hunting rabbits and some birds is legal as we know but the public may not know that and any one taking risky shots will do us no favours if there was a public consultation on banning or licensing airguns
    Last edited by bighit; 11-12-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta303 View Post
    Well, I'm disappointed, I started the thread with the best of intentions, for sensible like minded people, and thats how it was progressing.

I'm disappointed because the vast majority of shooters own and use airguns for target shooting 'fun', and do so sensibly. I believe that most of the people who visit the forum as members do so because they like nothing more than making those shots that just don't seem possible, whether in competition or just plinking, at short range or long range. The shots that make your friends jealous, the shots that make your day.

The shots you want to tell everybody about !

But, it seems that because there are a minority of people who act irresponsibility and then post their stories, or just tell outright lies, the rest of us find ourselves 'censored-out' of talking about that which we love...airgun shooting.

Yup, very disappointed.
    i agree with the reason for the post and as you say the clowns then post stupid claims . so possibly the thread was zapped before that happened ?

as i said above ,the airgun section on here appears in google searches where as the other sections are only open to registered members . so any post that can be twisted by the media like the squirrel shooting page on facebook will be exploited .

until the moderator that zapped the thread says why ,we may never know why it was zapped .

I read the thread when there was only a couple of posts and thought about adding but knew it wouldn't last long (these sort of threads never do) so I didn't bother.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

until the moderator that zapped the thread says why ,we may never know why it was zapped .
    I zapped it, but only because I got to it first.

I zapped it because there were already posts on that thread that could have been used to misrepresent our sport, and even if we check the thread every five minutes, the Mods can't ensure such posts are deleted before they're copied and used by those who oppose what we do.

Yes, it's a crap situation, but as long as people don't fully consider the implications of what they post - and often they are truly unaware of these - the Mods will always err on the side of protecting the sport.

I hope this explains things.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    I zapped it, but only because I got to it first.

I zapped it because there were already posts on that thread that could have been used to misrepresent our sport, and even if we check the thread every five minutes, the Mods can't ensure such posts are deleted before they're copied and used by those who oppose what we do.

Yes, it's a crap situation, but as long as people don't fully consider the implications of what they post - and often they are truly unaware of these - the Mods will always err on the side of protecting the sport.

I hope this explains things.
    Thanks the explanation Terry .

As i thought , damage limitation. its sad that the moderators have to take this decision but with the way the media twist and add bits onto contentious posts it has to be done .

Paul

Thanks the explanation Terry .

As i thought , damage limitation. its sad that the moderators have to take this decision but with the way the media twist and add bits onto contentious posts it has to be done .

Paul
    In a PC , H&S lunatic lefty, nanny state world....most of the fun has gone from life but we are living in different times in this country ....you cant blame mods for getting on board too.

But my annual drive down through France put things in perspective for me....
    Not a speed bump in site anywhere and the rule in the woods....if your a drippy hiker and not a hunter....its your own bloody fault for being there if you get shot..
    Its just the way of doing things here that has probably gone too far.