Thread: What Happened to the best shot thread?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Whilst claims of some are obviously ridiculous, the legal pursuit of vermin is just that "LEGAL".

A quote from your link to that article..
    "indiscriminate shooting of foxes and rabbits beyond what might be deemed 'pest control'.

What exactly would be deemed pest control ?? Both rabbits and fox cause masses of damage and as far as I'm aware there are no restrictions on the control of either. Are some more "verminous" than others ?

That story is the usual crap peddled by those who wish all fieldsports banned.
    The exception, being the injuries mentioned which are obviously catastrophic.
    Pursuit of badger, deer etc by means described in that article are also illegal. How can you possibly tar someone going about rabbit shooting legally with the same brush ?

Perhaps we should only allow fluffy animal loving usernames on here ?

I shoot rabbits and the permissions I have are for the total removal of any rabbit on those perms. The fact I barely scratch the surface, is irrelevant.
    the article is an example of how the media twist things . the squirrel one not long back was in the same vein as this story . it was written to shock people .on the other hand there is people that also do the airgun cause no good by posting stories that could be taken and twisted by the media .

i'm sure Terry Doe has spent many hours in phone calls to the media to dispel the untrue facts.

unless the public are shooters themselves they will not know the truth and they will hang onto every word the media tells them .

lets not forget that anything posted in non airgun on here ,comes up in google searches ( unless its been changed ) so the media wont have to be a registered user to access threads like that to then exploit them .

yes ,hunting rabbits and some birds is legal as we know but the public may not know that and any one taking risky shots will do us no favours if there was a public consultation on banning or licensing airguns
    Last edited by bighit; 11-12-2017 at 07:48 PM.