Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Happened to the best shot thread?

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    In a PC , H&S lunatic lefty, nanny state world....most of the fun has gone from life but we are living in different times in this country ....you cant blame mods for getting on board too.

i agree with Terry's way of thinking on this . as i said above he will have spent hours on the phone explaining to reporters that they have the facts wrong and people putting posts on here about shooting cats and wounding animals with outrageous claims of long range shots on vermin will do us no favours at all .

the people that post about long range shots on vermin and cats should know better. but some people have no common sense at all and will boast about how they shot a rabbit at 200 yards with a air rifle .

if the post had only been paper targets then it would be a good thread . we all know it would end up being zapped though ,some people just cant help themselves when it comes to contentious posts.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    In a PC , H&S lunatic lefty, nanny state world....most of the fun has gone from life but we are living in different times in this country ....you cant blame mods for getting on board too.

But my annual drive down through France put things in perspective for me....
    Not a speed bump in site anywhere and the rule in the woods....if your a drippy hiker and not a hunter....its your own bloody fault for being there if you get shot..
    Its just the way of doing things here that has probably gone too far.
    I sort of agree but I don't think that it is not just this country that is changing the world is now we have the internet

You mention France but don't they have a airgun hunting ban, I was driving through a village the other day after taking my dog for a walk when I saw a man talking to a woman outside a village post office waving a uncovered shotgun about and no one batted a eyelid so there are still parts of the UK that are slow to change.

The mods did the right thing
    Last edited by Barryg; 11-12-2017 at 10:46 PM.

The problem is that the proof is in the pudding or in this case the required 'photographic evidence' but unlike that other forum this ones a complete and utter t.w.a.t when it comes to posting visual evidence, at least for us simpletons it is anyhoo...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    i agree with Terry's way of thinking on this . as i said above he will have spent hours on the phone explaining to reporters that they have the facts wrong and people putting posts on here about shooting cats and wounding animals with outrageous claims of long range shots on vermin will do us no favours at all .

the people that post about long range shots on vermin and cats should know better. but some people have no common sense at all and will boast about how they shot a rabbit at 200 yards with a air rifle .

if the post had only been paper targets then it would be a good thread . we all know it would end up being zapped though ,some people just cant help themselves when it comes to contentious posts.
    I dont agree with long range shots on animals, anymore than i do with close range shots of moving targets but AGW made many mentions of both during my 30 years of reading...
    Its just a bit of fun...provided one is mature enough to treat it as such.
    youll never stop some twat going out and shooting a cat anymore than some prat getting all anal about a long range shot....its just one of those things...
    I agree best left in the past....did make fun reading though...
    David Lanes conveniently within range Goose at 45 yards with lateral wind allowance and water movement allowance only bettered by Rod Lyntons 67 yard Pigeon article for the 335 Anchutz...
    Those were the days hey...i bet the mods dont zorch this now as was in AGW lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    I sort of agree but I don't think that it is not just this country that is changing the world is now we have the internet

You mention France but don't they have a airgun hunting ban, I was driving through a village the other day after taking my dog for a walk when I saw a man talking to a woman outside a village post office waving a uncovered shotgun about and no one batted a eyelid so there are still parts of the UK that are slow to change.

The mods did the right thing
    They use laws as guidelines in France...not absolute rules.
    I spent a lot of time there...Many still hunt with air rifles and you can on your own land...
    There is plenty i dont like or get in France but the nanny state aspect is not one of them ..