Thread: Posting

Posting

Sorry if this has been asked before but is it ok to post a co2 pistol here in the uk

Chris
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before but is it ok to post a co2 pistol here in the uk

Chris
    yes surface mail seems to be the safest but do not put Co2 capsules in with it .

parcel force 48 and special delivery are the only ways to send it i think.

Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions:

These items must be sent on an express48 service only
    These items must be sent via the Post Office only, and presented at the counter
    Enhanced compensation cover is not available

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and...d-restrictions

i'm sure if i have the above wrong some one will advise you better.
    Last edited by bighit; 11-12-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Spot on advice there. You won't go wrong following these guidelines.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

CO2 air pistols may be sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery for either £8.55 up to 1kg, or £11.0 up to 2kg, without any CO2 capsules included, with compensation to £500 as standard, but air rifles may only be sent by Parcel Force 48, presented for posting at a post office only, for @ £11.70 up to 5kg, or £15.12 up to 10kg with a £100 compensation limit, unless they can be broken down into a package of less than 60cm in length, in which case they can be sent by RMSD with the higher compensation level, and, if over 2kg, at £26.60 up to 10kg.

That is an excellent summary from Mr TS.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post

CO2 air pistols may be sent by Royal Mail Special Delivery for either £8.55 up to 1kg, or £11.0 up to 2kg, without any CO2 capsules included, with compensation to £500 as standard, but air rifles may only be sent by Parcel Force 48, presented for posting at a post office only, for @ £11.70 up to 5kg, or £15.12 up to 10kg with a £100 compensation limit, unless they can be broken down into a package of less than 60cm in length, in which case they can be sent by RMSD with the higher compensation level, and, if over 2kg, at £26.60 up to 10kg.
    Spot on and 100% correct.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I have copied and pasted the latest Royal Mail information, which includes the fact that you can send Air Pistols by first class post as the minimum requirement, which is something I omitted from my previous post, but compensation using this service is extremely limited although you can get a signature on delivery, for what it's worth.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guns for sporting use

•International - Allowed in the mail, see restrictions and packaging guidelines below:
    ◦Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 and Section 2 firearms, low-powered air guns and their component parts - may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to applicable export controls on the shipment of firearms.
    ◦Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays.
    ◦Sender's name and address must be visible on the parcel.

•UK - Allowed in the mail, see restrictions and packaging guidelines below:
    ◦Guns intended for sporting purposes - including Section 1 (e.g. hunting rifles) and Section 2 (e.g. shotguns) firearms, low-powered air weapons and their component parts may be sent in compliance with UK law and subject to domestic controls on the possession of firearms. Antiques, deactivated and imitation firearms are also permitted. When sending deactivated firearms include proof of deactivation.
    ◦Items that appear to be prohibited weapons may be subject to additional checks and delays.
    ◦Use 1st Class as the minimum service. Only low-powered air weapons are accepted by Parcelforce Worldwide and must be sent using express48 via the Post Office.
    ◦Sender's name and address must be visible on the parcel.