Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shortening an underlever

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I've removed the one on a 77 Nick.

The 14mm pipe is pressed and loctited onto a fairly short stub at the hinge end.

Easiest way for you would be to lathe the tube down round the stub then heat it to release the Loctite, or just machine the tube off --- it's 14mm OD X 10mm ID.
    Sounds almost the same as a TX one then.. except the TX one is just loctited, not pressed, so easy to remove... Looks like AA coppied everything
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Is it just me or is this Mick bloke a walking encyclopedia

I only knew that Jaimie, because I had to make a new cocking arm for one of my 77s, by coincidence, the 14mm X 10mm tube of the cocking arm is the same size as Weihrauch used to make their steel Spring guides from.

A very, very, wise man from Worcestershire once told me to only post what I knew was true, and to always read my posts through before pressing submit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Sounds almost the same as a TX one then.. except the TX one is just loctited, not pressed, so easy to remove... Looks like AA coppied everything
    Hi Jon,

The stub un the 77 is knurled, so it only takes light pressure to overcome this when fitting a new cocking arm.