Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was going to go shooting today

Was going to go shooting today

Went to the car, it said minus 6, still a good covering of snow, bugger that. I'm either getting old or getting wiser, walking round the farm half frozen, not anymore. Made a cup of tea and come back to bed

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    Wise choice

plenty of shoting time over the chritmas period in warmer weather
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

We only see snow on television down here, don't know what all the fuss is about. Only problem is Santa's sleigh cannot operate. Blue skies this morning and just a light frost at 8 a.m.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Dropped my son off to the school bus stop at 06:45 this morning.. couldn't open the back doors of the car... frozen solid, and the road was an icerink. 4x4 button helped
    My kids built a snowman in the garden on Sunday - it's now frozen so solid, it should still be here for Xmas..
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I bet it will be a warm wet Christmas as usual.

Well I will have to brave the elements soon maccy d, s is calling me for breakfast Think Thursday looks a better shooting day, around 6 or 7 degrees, that's more bearable

had a look at my permission the other day as i was passing by with the wife .never saw a thing other than crows and with it being open on that permission the cros are hard to get close to. the road that leads to my permission is normally covered with rabbits as thy are used to cars passing by and even people to a degree as there is a cemetery at the top of the road and again there was none there ,so they must be down below keeping warm .

more sense than some of us

mind you it was -3 when i was looking at the permission.

Surprisingly there was quite a few rabbits out and about on the farms between 3 and 6 am this morning when i was out doing my rounds in the milk truck,

3am - 6am respect

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    3am - 6am respect

for me its the best job in the world, 3 to 4 hours driving round the countryside delivering to farms i have permission on, especially in the summer, i have to go out in all the bad weather, dosnt bother me now.

Went to the car, it said minus 6, still a good covering of snow, bugger that. I'm either getting old or getting wiser, walking round the farm half frozen, not anymore. Made a cup of tea and come back to bed
    That is exactly what I did last Sunday. Woke up at 7.30 had everything ready, went downstairs to have a cup of coffee, had a look outside and went back to bed. Even last year this would not have happened.

A.G

Bloody hell man your a northerner Only one top coat needed for a nice day like that you would have had a good day I bet

Quote Originally Posted by stagmanv835 View Post
    Wise choice Take the good snowy days when they come

plenty of shoting time over the chritmas period in warmer weather
    warm and damp with rain no doubt

summink wrong with you bloke. i went out in freezing fog at 2 in the morning and came back with six bunnies and a bonus hare. a shot at a fox but its my favorite. follows me everywhere waiting for free dinners.
    the only thing i can find wrong is the nut on the steering wheel.

I'm with you on this one. Tend not to go hunting in -degrees, apart from it being uncomfortable, I feel a bit sorry for wildlife in extreme conditions, apart from shooting two rats in the back garden nicking bird feed this week!

IT'S ON, today i WILL be going to the farm. A bit warmer today, so I won't be lazing in bed this morning ETA at the farm 9am