Thread: scope mount size

scope mount size

guys to fit a 44 mil scope with AO to an hw80-- what size mount do I need , low, medium or high ( one piece )

thank you
    Last edited by darren m; 12-12-2017 at 05:13 PM.

Front AO? I’d say you’d need high mounts. I’ve a 44mm non px scope on mediums, also on an 80...with only 2-3 mm clearance, if that 🙂

Used to have a NS Gameking with a 44mm AO lens on my 80. I used Sportsmatch medium mounts.

Note Hawke medium mounts only go up to 40mm.

yes sorry 44mm front AO ,,,, been looking on amazon but all 100mm long , I thought standard length of one piece mount was 120mm . A re the shorter ones for pistols

If the front px ring is fairly low profile like on the Nikko above, I dare say you’d squeeze it on mediums. My 44mm on sportsmatch mediums hasn’t got enough room for the front lense cover, so you can imagine how close a fit it is.

Quote Originally Posted by p.sharp View Post
    Front AO? I’d say you’d need high mounts. I’ve a 44mm non px scope on mediums, also on an 80...with only 2-3 mm clearance, if that 🙂
    This... But bkl mounts are a knats knacker higher. Bkl mediums managed to work on my huntsman with a hawk 44mm with so
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    guys to fit a 44 mil scope with AO to an hw80-- what size mount do I need , low, medium or high ( one piece )

thank you
    Shoulder the rifle measure your eye height in relation to the rail & that's where the scope needs to be, buy the mount that put's it there.