Thread: Matching oil container for a 1926 Webley pistol would be glass?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hi,

Thanks for posting the picture.

Given that the Mk2 Target & Mk1 Ser Nos were contiguous, there probably wasn't much of a gap between the specific reference to Webley No 2 oil on my label (24588) and the lack of a specific reference on your example (21454).

Interestingly, I notice the wording on the later instructions has also changed slightly from the wording in relation to your pistol.

It seems we learn something new every day.

Regards
    Brian
    Would make some sense that when they first produced the new piston ring system they were not yet set or possibly thought through that they would now offer two oils called 1 & 2? They couldn’t mention in the instruction something they didn’t yet offer and calling for oil would lead people to Mark 1 Neatsfoot. Seems so odd they just dropped the oil instruction since it is essential for proper functioning? Kind of makes me wonder what the earliest serial number is on the Target? Someone here mentioned they had 14154. Got Bruce’s book on the way to feed my current need for Webley trivia. Drilling down on this stuff becomes a desease with no cure! Lol

PS: maybe they didn’t mention any oil because at that time they would of had to say, 30 weight motor oil: kind of messes with their future selling of their special number 2?
    Last edited by 45flint; 15-12-2017 at 02:44 PM.