Thread: Matching oil container for a 1926 Webley pistol would be glass?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    To my mind the freshness of these instructions is more evidence of the originality of your pistol. Obviously stored in optimum conditions.
    You would make Sherlock Holmes proud, never put that together. You got me in the detective mood, if you look closely in the upper left corner there is what appears to be just a corner of a instruction booklet? in red printing that ended up adhereing to the box. I assume there was a booklet included back then? Any examples out there?
    Last edited by 45flint; 16-12-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    You would make Sherlock Holmes proud, never put that together. You got me in the detective mood, if you look closely in the upper left corner there is what appears to be just a corner of a instruction booklet? in red printing that ended up adhereing to the box. I assume there was a booklet included back then? Any examples out there?
    I also have the remains of what seems to be an additional warning label printed in red on the inside face of the box lid which includes the words" important" and "adjustment", so most likely a further warning emphasising the care necessary when making trigger adjustments lest it be missed during a cursory reading of the other instructions.

Regards
    Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 16-12-2017 at 03:04 PM.

Not quite a booklet but a warning label, as Abasmajor suggests. It warned owners not to adjust the trigger pull weight too light as that could result in a negligent discharge.

The Mk 11 originally came with a folded sheet, which advertised the pistol's best features. Coincidentally mine must have been exported to the States and back again as prices are in U.S. $. I obtained it from Troubledshooter and a scan may well be included on his excellent signature site.

Mk 1 and Mk 11 pistols were numbered concurrently from the same serial number range and the earliest number known to me presently is 10105, which was pictured in the June 1978 issue of Guns Review by Mark Newcomer.

I think you will enjoy the Gordon Bruce book.

Kind regards,

John

I'm sure Troubledshooter won't mind me posting this link to a Webley Mk2 Target pamphlet link from his excellent site.

http://mynetimages.com/album/Trouble...l?img=e1765e8f

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    I'm sure Troubledshooter won't mind me posting this link to a Webley Mk2 Target pamphlet link from his excellent site.

Brian
    Wow thanks much, I can return the favor in a couple days, just found something I thought would be impossible to find, maybe you guys have seen it, and you’ll burst my bubble. Lol

Wow thanks much, I can return the favor in a couple days, just found something I thought would be impossible to find, maybe you guys have seen it, and you’ll burst my bubble. Lol
    With your luck, I'm looking forward to seeing your new find!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post

Brian
    Interesting in reading the pamphlet they have 6 attributes they assign to the Mark2 Target. The 6th was “superior finish” which might further explain the seeming better gloss of my pistol?