Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matching oil container for a 1926 Webley pistol would be glass?

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Wow thanks much, I can return the favor in a couple days, just found something I thought would be impossible to find, maybe you guys have seen it, and you’ll burst my bubble. Lol
    With your luck, I'm looking forward to seeing your new find!

John

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    I'm sure Troubledshooter won't mind me posting this link to a Webley Mk2 Target pamphlet link from his excellent site.

http://mynetimages.com/album/Trouble...l?img=e1765e8f

Brian
    Interesting in reading the pamphlet they have 6 attributes they assign to the Mark2 Target. The 6th was “superior finish” which might further explain the seeming better gloss of my pistol?

I've recently forwarded scans of a multi part series I wrote for Airgun World on the Webley air pistol in the USA between the wars to the Vintage Airgun Gallery to put up in due course.

I hope it adds a little more to the story of these incredible air pistols and answers some of the common questions about Stoeger Webleys as well as those distributed/sold by Hoffman and Abercrombie & Fitch.

Kind regards,

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I've recently forwarded scans of a multi part series I wrote for Airgun World on the Webley air pistol in the USA between the wars to the Vintage Airgun Gallery to put up in due course.

I hope it adds a little more to the story of these incredible air pistols and answers some of the common questions about Stoeger Webleys as well as those distributed/sold by Hoffman and Abercrombie & Fitch.

Kind regards,

John
    Thanks much, look forward to it. These US Webleys are a great collecting focus for someone over here. Just wish they had imported the Service rifles in equal numbers as well.

John's articles on the Mk2 and the Stoeger Webleys here.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    John's articles on the Mk2 and the Stoeger Webleys here.
    Thanks for posting. These articles certainly supply a roadmap for a Webley collector in the US. One of the few areas where being on this side of the ocean may be an advantage? As well over here there just doesn’t seem to be the interest in these prewar airguns? Certainly not to the extent as in the UK. One of the custom Stoeger grips would be a treat.

PS, I spent all morning read all of John’s articles, man after my own heart, great article on the Haenel 28 as well as many others.
    Last edited by 45flint; 19-12-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    Thanks for posting. These articles certainly supply a roadmap for a Webley collector in the US. One of the few areas where being on this side of the ocean may be an advantage? As well over here there just doesn’t seem to be the interest in these prewar airguns? Certainly not to the extent as in the UK. One of the custom Stoeger grips would be a treat.

PS, I spent all morning read all of John’s articles, man after my own heart, great article on the Haenel 28 as well as many others.
    Thank you for your kind words 45flint and to Danny for hosting my ramblings.

One to look out for is a Stoeger marked slant gripped Webley pistol - I have never seen one in the flesh myself. The Stoeger custom grips would also be a nice find, as would some 1920s Stoeger pellets.

One can dream.

Kind regards,

John