Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And people think sneaking airguns in

And people think sneaking airguns in

Is a safe way to get a rifle to the buyer

I hope your newly purchased airgun was not in one of those boxes .

https://www.facebook.com/MarcThomas7...12925785873752

And I know other couriers drivers or royal mail ones could do the same.

They loaded the truck the same way, I've seen Hermes depots..

"Makes delivery easy" - Very literally!
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    I've been inside a few courier depts and seen them load and unload.

That's why my parcels are 6 inch thick in bubble wrap from top to bottom!
    Master Debater

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yikes, but no real surprise...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

I was a courier twenty six years ago, I'm not proud to say that was the norm. We got a contract for light bulbs, everyone hated it, you wouldn't believe the kicking those pallets got , the company was so desperate to find a company that would take the contract they literally wrote off artic loads before they finally gave up.

I recently ordered a couple of LED tubes to replace fluorescents they arrived L shaped so refused to accept the delivery, that was Yodel.

I had a parcel from Hermes a while ago (not by choice). I saw the van arrive and went out to meet him. The van looked like it had been loaded with a trebuchet.
    B.A.S.C. member

It looked like an industrial unit they were delivering to, so you would expect the receiver would have something to say unless they knew they were soft furnishings etc that wouldn't damage. I think in general couriers do a great job in this internet shopping world. Like everything else we only hear the negative. I get a lot of deliveries, I've had to complain to companies to split heavy boxes for the couriers as they struggle to carry them, they are always helpful and smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I recently ordered a couple of LED tubes to replace fluorescents they arrived L shaped so refused to accept the delivery, that was Yodel.
    You were lucky they arrived at all. Yodel usually leave my parcels 150m from my house in a hedge. Literally. Will never buy from a seller that uses Yodel if I know in advance

Yep, i used to share a yard with a courier company, so no surprise there.

Rob

Well done for filming it not a supries really got a expensive hand made landing net pole came packed in a plastic rod tube with fragile in red tape all over it looked like some one had shut a door on it broken beyond repair seller would not claim off them ? Too much trouble if I ever send anything bomb proof packing mike

Quote Originally Posted by D10bore View Post
    Well done for filming it not a supries really got a expensive hand made landing net pole came packed in a plastic rod tube with fragile in red tape all over it looked like some one had shut a door on it broken beyond repair seller would not claim off them ? Too much trouble if I ever send anything bomb proof packing mike
    i have heard a lot of people saying trying to get a payment for insurance can be a nightmare . they try to wriggle out of it saying it does not comply with their terms .

this is the reason that you should never send anything that is on their prohibited lists .

imagine if if the buyer insists the seller sends the airgun via hermes and the buyer then asks the sender to claim. and they then get the "its on our prohibited list =no payout" the buyer should accept responsibility but will they ?

sometimes sending it Via RFD to RFD becomes more acceptable .

Say up to £50 for RFD to RFD costs or £600/700 worth of broken wood and metal and no insurance payout as you used a courier that has them on their prohibited list .

It does not matter that the RFD may use other couriers as they have a trade account and they will get insurance the general public wont if the item is on the prohibited list

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    It looked like an industrial unit they were delivering to, so you would expect the receiver would have something to say unless they knew they were soft furnishings etc that wouldn't damage. I think in general couriers do a great job in this internet shopping world. Like everything else we only hear the negative. I get a lot of deliveries, I've had to complain to companies to split heavy boxes for the couriers as they struggle to carry them, they are always helpful and smiling.

Some courier companies have small units in industrial estates too . i know when i had to go and collect a parcel from one that could not find my house ,it was in an industrial estate that had a garage at one end and the fastener company at the other end .

So its not to say that this guy was delivering parcels to the local depot for the smaller vans to deliver to the houses of businesses

Lost count of the number of smashed up parcels I've had from Hermes.
    One looked like it was throw out of an aircraft,remains of the box was held together by two bits of tape

Last year they managed to 'lose' two 40' flat screens...

They're as bad as Yodel, and Amazon Logistics (who are consistent only in their late arrivals)