I have just fitted another barrel that had been cut down to remove the aggressive choke, I did push a few pellets through and it took a good push to clear choke and the pellets were scarred and deformed badly and it didn't shoot well, so off with its head and a recrown done, I used it saturday and gained nearly 40fps and it was soon punching some impressive holes at the range, I did a pellet test before any work as I was searching for a pellet, best 50yd card was 60mm 12 shot group, now I twice landed all 12 on to a 20mm black dot.

That was my mk1 rapid .22, and I was also tinkering with my mk2 .177 and tried another recently machined LW AA barrel, choke was really soft and I could just feel it as I pushed a pellet through leaving faint marks on skirts mainly so left that alone, found it to be a bit pellet fussy only really liking soft/light pellets like jsb express and FAPs all landing inside a 10mm hole, I may polish choke away a touch or even trim it off and see if it changes

I was also playing around with an antibounce hammer thingy so all in it was a fun day

Chris