Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Webley/Vulcan gurus advice please

Webley/Vulcan gurus advice please

Asking them that knows again. Offered to try and rebuild a very nice Vulcan for a man that can no longer cope. Unpacked parcel and here it is.

Fairly confident it's all there tho' spring etc not original and don't think the gas ram belongs but more on that later.
    The baccy tins contain all other bits and some "extras" I need opinion on please.

First glance the tin top right seems to have all we need to assemble the action except the barrel latch spring. The spring laid separate is out of the box bottom right and is a good fit but seems very stiff for the purpose so does it look correct?
    Next is the tin bottom left which has rubber buffers, breech seals, and what I take to be NoS piston seals but they are hard as hell and no
    feather/give at the outer edge. Are they correct?

The tin bottom right has various odd bits including what looks like Omega trigger sears and small solid aluminium cylindrical plugs.
    The tin top left has the legend on the lid but I can see no reference to them on a parts diagram. Are they bespoke piston weight/power washers?

All observations appreciated. Thanks for looking.

The barrel latch spring is very strong, so correct. You need to use a G-clamp/Vice/Expanding pliers to fit it. The piston washer is also correct, solid hard PTFE, no feathered edge. The power washers, I have no idea, but Vulcans didn't have them as standard.

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Whatever you do don't fit the gasram.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Webley/Vulcan gurus advice please

i'd guess the alloy spacers are for setting the gas ram up.

Send me your email address and i will send you close up pictures of how the trigger assembly should look .
    It's worth getting am orange piston seal from knibbs our chambers put that ptfe thing in the nearest bin.

There is an easyway of greeting the barrel latch detente all together i found out through trial and error .
    Let me know if you need help with it .

Quote Originally Posted by dayglowfroggy View Post
    Send me your email address and i will send you close up pictures of how the trigger assembly should look .
    It's worth getting am orange piston seal from knibbs our chambers put that ptfe thing in the nearest bin.

There is an easyway of greeting the barrel latch detente all together i found out through trial and error .
    Let me know if you need help with it .
    Thanks. No difficulty assembling it's just making sure the parts are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Whatever you do don't fit the gasram.

Pete
    Or cut the blue wire! Thanks

Thanks bill57 and all other replies

cant see any trigger or safety catch Parts there is there another tin or box ?

As that's a job lot of parts, are you 100% sure that's a Vulcan stock and not an Omega? I know the Mk3 Vulcan stock is fancier, but it looks quite deep around the trigger area.

That's what I thought

Quote Originally Posted by bill57 View Post
    As that's a job lot of parts, are you 100% sure that's a Vulcan stock and not an Omega? I know the Mk3 Vulcan stock is fancier, but it looks quite deep around the trigger area.
    He's got a point. That looks to me like an Omega stock. For one thing, from memory, the standard Vulcan one did not have grip chequering. In addition, the Omega cheekpiece has a little "swoosh" cut out at the front, and a squarer thicker area at the top of the grip for the sliding safety to move above. All of which appear present here.

If it's got a cut-out for the safety catch on the other side, above the trigger, then you'll be OK. Only the Vulcan had that.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    He's got a point. That looks to me like an Omega stock. For one thing, from memory, the standard Vulcan one did not have grip chequering. In addition, the Omega cheekpiece has a little "swoosh" cut out at the front, and a squarer thicker area at the top of the grip for the sliding safety to move above. All of which appear present here.
    It does look like the Omega stock, as well as the chequering the for end is a bit longer & the shaped pistol grip.