Thread: Daystate huntsman mk2

Daystate huntsman mk2

Hello

I used to have a daystate lr90 and sold it. I regretted it

I have seen a huntsman mk2 for sale. It has a chunky straight trigger blade not like the curved blade the lr90 had.

Does anyone know if this is a two stage trigger? I have read that some very early daystate early models used a naff single stage trigger that wasn't very nice to use.

I'll try and attch a pic

Thanks

trigger

hi the first triggers were cut from a thin single piece of steel and more often than not had a trigger shoe put on after, if its a seperate blade id guess its the two stage,unless someone modded the early type blade ..

Ok. It looks similar to the pic in the link.

Has anybody any experience of them? Are they similar to shoot to the lr90?

I not got a lot of experience with the MK2 apart from a few shots many years ago. I do know that they are quite a bit heavier than the LR90, weighing in at 8.4lbs. The info I found on the LR90 gave a weight of 6.7lbs which is comparable to an AA S400. It may also be worth looking at the Harrier as it sits between the MK2 Huntsman and the LR90 weight wise, but doesn't have the shiny blued finish.

Cheers,. I don't realize such a weight difference.

It's the blue and brass finish I like. Nobody does it on new guns nowdays, or at least it never looks as good a quality

Bsa seem to have given up, their finish is very Matt, satin in my opinion. Maybe there's more market for less relfective finsihes

If you can afford to wait LR90s do crop up on here from time to time. There's one for sale at a dealer on Guntrader but they want £395 which is a bit overpriced in my opinion.

Just had another look and there's one on GT for £295, which is a bit more like it.
    Last edited by IanSea; 13-12-2017 at 08:29 PM.

The straight brass blade should be the 2-stage trigger unit. The single stage had a "shark fin" trigger blade and as far as I know where only present on early LR90's and Huntsman Mk1's. The Huntman mkII has a larger diameter air tube for larger air capacity and more shots than the LR90, but the larger tube brings extra weight.
    Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum

Ok, thanks

I'll try and get a look at it

There's a bit of Huntsman / LR90 history from the admin on the DS forum, if you scroll down here:

http://www.daystateforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2

Trigger: My LR90 seems to be a basic single stage job. MK1 and MK2 Huntsmen I've owned in the past had the 2 stage or the comp' trigger.

The way the OP describes the trigger blade on this Huntsman (straight, but chunky) - sounds to me like the alloy blade from the comp' trigger? Maybe?