Thread: Far East Feinwerkbau 65 Copy

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Far East Feinwerkbau 65 Copy

I wonder if these are still being made in any quantity?

There is an article on the vintage forum ...

http://forum.vintageairgunsgallery.c...ies/#post-1585

This would be an interesting tool for a collector to collect... I seem to remember being interested in them 10 or more years ago, there were one or two in the UK.

In fact they seem to still be making them ...

http://www.airrifle-china.com/produc...ductId=75.html

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I have one

(In fact I have Russ's one, the second set of pics in that article)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Had a crate of these interesting copies

Cost $27NZ each!Trev

As a variation on the OPs topic, the Koreans made a copy of the FWB 300 Rifle (Tong Il King) which appears to be a first class item with only the engraving giving away the game of it not being german made (there are small differences between the German and the Korean copy, but they both look to be of excellent manufacture).

Vic Thompson.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Having seen the quality first hand, I can think of nothing to merit collectable status...

I handled one a few months ago. It wasn't very attractive. And it was broken.

feel the quality

I'd have one though if it was cheap enough ....purely because it's so 'orrible .

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Bunch of snobs

Yeah, they are not that great aesthetically, but the one I have does shoot very well, smooth to cock, and accurate enough. I think I paid about £60

Edit, yup, found the thread. £60 including the postage and the case which I think is very fair for the accuracy this thing delivers - and it's "interesting" .
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....177-air-pistol
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Now then you capitalist dogs, suggestions on a postcard of what should accompany Chairman Po's best quality imperial air pistol to make a 'collection'...(kevlar cut-resistant gloves will probably be required when handling these)

I nominate the XS-B3-1... also sold here rather appropriately as "the ratter" http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.co...up-part-1.html
    Last edited by harvey_s; 23-12-2017 at 09:59 AM.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Oriental 65's

Sure they are collectable!

I bought one from a club mate a few years back as an interest piece as I have my original FWB 65 which I bought new in 1972, and the Chinese 65 is certainly interesting! Mine is a Huinqiu sold in the UK as Titan, I have an Airgun World from1989 with a review in it of the beast, and they sold then for £199 with a FWB 65 advertised in the same mag at £395.

Mine cost me a lot to get restored, and its now in mint working condition complete with a restored case that it came in, a very smart case, the FWB came in polystyrene packing! I only shot it once, just to try and compare, and other than the trigger which has a lot of creep, it compares favourably to a genuine 65, any who is interested I did do a write up on it and I can email it to them.

Yes, the finish is 1980's Chinese, and yes, its a bit agricultural, but it has a sort of rustic charm, and if you are a real masochist there are actually at least 6 different companies who made them so there are several variants made to collect, and they will be rare as most fell apart due to poor materials, and the companies that imported them closing down.

Or you could collect Webley door stops, and wonder at their high tech superb engineering and workmanship, and I have one of those as well, but only because it was my first proper air pistol!

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?