Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Webley lock screw size

Baz, sounds like as good a solution as any. Just for info I found a 50tpi Whitworth thread, well, two of them with 50tpi, one on 95 thou, other on 100 thou. They are or were in the range used for watches & instruments. Smallest was 400 tpi on 10 thou. That would be an interesting one to copy......
    Cheers

Webley were renowned for using 'odd' sizes for their screws etc., in particular where they seemed keen on using the odd BA sizes such as 5 & 7.
    As said previously, there was another thread on this very subject some time ago, but, unfortunately, I can't find it in the archives and don't seem to have kept a written record of the resulting findings.

Webley lock screw size

I've always used 6ba in all my restorations, with complete success

John

Think this is right for a rough and ready solution? ...50tpi is as near as damn it 0.5mm thread pitch (50.8tpi) ...cut it with a threading tool ground to a 55 degrees.
    blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by trajectory View Post
    Baz, sounds like as good a solution as any. Just for info I found a 50tpi Whitworth thread, well, two of them with 50tpi, one on 95 thou, other on 100 thou. They are or were in the range used for watches & instruments. Smallest was 400 tpi on 10 thou. That would be an interesting one to copy......
    Cheers
    0.25 of a mm, I wouldn't even be able to see it ! Seriously, John Knibbs must have the original dies as they supply these screws.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I have just been told that the external thread on the bolt is .180 by 50tpi Whitworth. I will need to tap the hole it goes in in the endcap/guide. Does anybody have such a tap or know where I might get one cheap? I will look on the bay.
    Thanks
    Last edited by ggggr; 20-09-2018 at 09:03 AM.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Tracy Tools are unable to supply such a tap, although they did say they could get it made, but at what cost I didn't ask.

I still have some Senior Pivot Bolts but not the keeper screws.