Thread: Schofields

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Schofields

Two models of these.

Pellet firer in antique black with faux wood grips.
    BB firer in steel grey with faux ivory grips.

The bb model is handsome the pellet firer looks purposeful.

Both boxed with manual.
    Co 2 key in grip.

Both nice and easy to operate.
    Taiwan on the side as they are obviously proud of them.
    Hold is a bit odd ,a little over the grip for me.

Vile weather so only shot indoors.
    Power ok on both.
    @ 56 degrees f.

6 yard targets with pellet model.
    Good accuracy and shot count with three different pellets.
    Co2 left when I had finished.

I was using my Red Bob bell target and the bell rang a lot more than I expected it to.
    Especially one handed!

More accurate than the standard pellet Umarex Peacemaker and the Crosman Cowboy.
    Need to compare it to the 6 inch Umarex though.

Leaving target work on bb to another day.

A bit vague for a full review but I am very pleased with them and look forward to the range in better weather.

I had saved for these and getting them both got me £40 off the list prices.
    That’s my excuse anyway!
    Last edited by gingernut; 15-12-2017 at 10:05 AM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    .y
    Fantastic initial review. Thanks Patric. Mine arrives this weekend. Can't wait (but guess I'll have to, lol ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I handled one of these in Protek last week. They look very nice and have the weight and feel of the real thing. I have a deactivated uberti copy of one of these.
    Funny you were testing one on a Red bob target as he bought one of the pellet firing ones last Friday
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Thanks for the quick review,Patrick.Do you have a favourite yet of the two Schofields as I am poised and ready to buy one,though I know inevitably I will get both!

ATB.

I don’t think I have a favourite MrT hence the double purchase.

I doubt the bb model will be as accurate as the pellet one but it a great looking gun.

I don’t know if you can shoot pellets through the bb one.
    Barrels look the same but you can’t really see.

Bb shells load at front pellet at rear hence pellet supposed to be bit more powerful.

Hope to get to the range as it warms up a bit.

Incidentally I never did get spare Peacemaker grips.
    Just swap them around now and again.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I don’t think I have a favourite MrT hence the double purchase.

I doubt the bb model will be as accurate as the pellet one but it a great looking gun.

I don’t know if you can shoot pellets through the bb one.
    Barrels look the same but you can’t really see.

Bb shells load at front pellet at rear hence pellet supposed to be bit more powerful.

Hope to get to the range as it warms up a bit.

Incidentally I never did get spare Peacemaker grips.
    Just swap them around now and again.

Thanks Patrick,maybe I'll get the pellet version first for a change this time although I prefer the nickel and white grip look as I'm sure you well know.

I didn't find my 'friendly' local gun store helpful in the slightest when it came to ordering spare anything from Umarex,so I
    will grip swap from time to time as the mood takes me.

Regards,
    Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    .y
    Fantastic initial review. Thanks Patric. Mine arrives this weekend. Can't wait (but guess I'll have to, lol ). Atb: G.
    It's here! ... I went for the antique finished BB firing example with the faux ivory grips. The finish is truly fantastic. No wonder Taiwan wanted to ensure their country's name was on it as the country of origin via the wording 'MADE IN TAIWAN' as Patric has pointed out? But seeing as how said acid etched wording is no more than ten point tall, no more than an inch in length, and subtly only on the right hand side just above the grip, seriously, as Patric also pointed out, this really is not a problem.

The break-action is similar to that on my Webley MkVI antique finish BB pistol, and also as with my Webley MkVI, the Schofield incorporates an intriguing mechanism which pushes the cartridges up off their seats as the pistol is broken to aid their easy removal/replacement.

Being the BB version, loading the cartridges is simple as they load from the front, so all I do is pour a hand full of BB shot into an old up-turned Pringles lid (the lip stops the shot from escaping), then one by one place a removed cartridge front tip over a BB (holed to accommodate the ball), gently press down to secure the shot in place (learned this trick with my Webley, whose cartridges also load from the front), re-load all six to the revolver mechanism, and once loaded, close the barrel mechanism, and Bob is your Uncle.

Accuracy at ten yards while I am getting used to my new BB Schofield this morning already seems considerably better than with my BB Peacemaker, and on an even parr with my aforementioned Webley BB Mk.VI. Further up-dates to follow, but at present, am thoroughly delighted, and can't see that changing any time soon. As said, more later . Atb: G.

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 16-12-2017 at 09:58 AM. Reason: clarification.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Accuracy at ten yards while I am getting used to my new BB Schofield this morning already seems considerably better than with my BB Peacemaker, and on an even parr with my aforementioned Webley BB Mk.VI. Further up-dates to follow, but at present, am thoroughly delighted, and can't see that changing any time soon. As said, more later . Atb: G.
    At 10 yards the Schofield BB gave me 10p piece sized groups of six shots;
    At 10 yards the Peacemaker BB gave me 2p piece sized groups of six shots, and
    At 10 yards the Webley Mk.VI BB gave me 10p piece sized groups of six shots, too.

All three gave/give me X70 good power shots followed by x12+ okay plinking shots per Co2 bulb (envisage this increasing as the weather warms), and all three are a delight to own, cherish, and shoot -- although on many levels, my new Schofield is the best of the batch by far (here, however, I may be currently slightly bias, as at present said Schofield is enjoying the mantle of newest toy syndrome lol ) ...

Sounds like a busy day!

As a Milky Bar Kid I can see why the real Colt was the favoured Wild West tool.

I wouldn’t want to lug a Schofield around!

Thats why you needed a horse to carry it for you.

Sounds like a busy day!

I wouldn't want to lug a Schofield around!

Lol, and backed up by the fact that the Colt Peacemaker is by far the sexiest looking, too, BUT the build and finish quality on the Schofield raises this particular range of Co2 pistols to another level -- a little like comparing an HW80 to a BSA Super Sport?

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Sounds like a busy day!

I wouldn’t want to lug a Schofield around!

It was Jesse James's revolver of choice, not a bad pedigree

https://youtu.be/kBjCO5YnoD4
    Last edited by Paul55; 19-12-2017 at 07:48 PM.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it