Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schofields

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

as "bj" and "patrick" say these are great pistols.having handled the real thing [deac] they
    compare favourably..but the bonus is they shoots as well as they look.
    the pellet version is the most desirable in my opinion, also the pellets are inserted at
    the rear of the cartridge which makes loading less of a faffle.
    interesting little feature the inside of the grip has a tool to screw the cartridge into position.
    the pellet version i have is smooth bore! but at 10yds i hit most trgts in my garden plus ring the bell on occasion
    on the bell trgt at 6.

PS "BJ" hope you make a fast recovery from that nasty off on that super triumph of yours!
    bit of a shock to come across the shattered remains on the side of the road..i picked up your top boxs etc and will return
    to your door.. another "oh i didn't see you there" while changing lane at the last moment!
    Last edited by red bob; 15-12-2017 at 07:06 PM.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Try to avoid using the grip tool Bob as they can snap off!
    Metal into plastic is not a great idea.

Mark you may know that the Crosman Cowboy has a removable cylinder which is easy to do and makes a jammed pellet not the problem it might be in other models.
    It’s also fun to to do it for no reason.

I like the Crosman but I would advise use of Crosman or Umarex co2 capsules as others can fail to pierce properly or at all.
    I also think it is better suited to bbs rather than pellets although you get both shells with it.

Good to see yours has arrived Gareth.
    Bet you get a pellet one too!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

My Eureka Moment !!!

My Schofield's BB cartridges fit and work perfectly in my BB Webley Mk.VI pistol, and transversely, my BB Webley Mk.VI cartridges fit and work perfectly in my BB firing Schofield pistol, too!

For notwithstanding the fact that the Webley cartridges are stamped 'Webley' around the brass lip, and the Schofield cartridges are stamped 'Schofield' around the brass lip, both cartridge types are identical and fully interchangeable.

Guess they must be made in the same factory -- or at least to the same specifications -- which given the known marriage between AGS and Webley, if you think about it, is not too surprising? I really find this discovery very refreshing, and wanted to waste no time in letting you know. Viva La Standardisation.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

As I understand it, and this appears to be borne out by the fact that the price for pellet versions and bb versions are the same, the Schofield is, like the Remington Cowboy, smooth barrelled.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

If I am not wrong this would mean the only difference between the two, apart from cosmetic options currently available, is that one comes with bb shells that load from the front and the other with pellet shells which load from the rear.

Either gun will shoot both pellet and bb. So if you prefer the finish of the bb gun but want a pellet gun, you can buy the bb gun and then buy a set of pellets shells.

I would appreciate somebody being able to confirm this.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

As stated, I currently only have the BB version of the Schofield (although as Pat indicates above, me being me, that may well change, lol ), and that is a smooth bored pistol.

As the pellet firing Webley Mk.VI sports a rifled barrel, however, whereas the BB version is smooth bored, given that the Schofield range appears to be from an interconnected stable, unlike the Cowboy, it is highly likely that the pellet firing Schofield may well have a rifled barrel, too?

Am sure someone with both versions () will be along soon to clarify. Meanwhile my new toy and I are off out for a further bout of plinking ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Fair point, but there's usually a premium for a rifled barrel.

Look at the SAA Colts.

I must be in a minority in not liking the mock worn finish on western guns. I much prefer an even paint job , whether black or silver. Preferably the former.

Are these available or are we still waiting for them in the UK?

It would be nice if they could eventually come up with a short barrelled version of the Schofield, and a 4.75 inch barrelled version of the Colt, the real gun slingers' gun as seen in so many classic westerns.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

I looked down the barrel of the pellet firing model and the barrel is smoothbore. As far as we could tell the only difference was the finish and the cartridges which is why there is very little difference in the price.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

I can’t see down the barrels to see if they are different.
    They look the same at the business end.
    I will check manuals and boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

I can’t see down the barrels to see if they are different.
    They look the same at the business end.
    I will check manuals and boxes.
    Should've gone to Specsavers.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

taa Patrick for the heads up.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Try to avoid using the grip tool Bob as they can snap off!
    Metal into plastic is not a great idea.
    Ooops - like this

Has anyone experienced any wear on the inserts of the cartridges on the pellet version? Just wondering whether the inserts wear/loosen after loading/firing many pellets on these rear loading cartridges (pellets can have a variation in diameters and are not quite so smooth as bbs).
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Yep, 'oops' indeed !!! ... That'll not happen to me, however, as ever since I became the proud owner of a Colt Peacemaker courtesy of your good self, I have followed your advise to the letter, never used the built-in tooling, and always use a traditional L shaped Allen Key to pinch up the Co2 bulb (not too much torque needed, and you soon get the feel). I have transposed the same valuable piece of operational information to the use of my Schofield, too, so thank you.

The person in the video was obviously over-tightening the Capsule. I think he was deliberately trying to break it.
    I use the one on the Colt and I have had no trouble with it. Mind you the colt one does look more substantial than the Scolfield one.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    The person in the video was obviously over-tightening the Capsule. I think he was deliberately trying to break it.
    I use the one on the Colt and I have had no trouble with it. Mind you the colt one does look more substantial than the Scolfield one.
    Or he was just cack handed, but you could see it was going to break
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

Gordon Buck silly ....