Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Schofields

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post

I can’t see down the barrels to see if they are different.
    They look the same at the business end.
    I will check manuals and boxes.
    Should've gone to Specsavers.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Fair point, but there's usually a premium for a rifled barrel.

Look at the SAA Colts.

I must be in a minority in not liking the mock worn finish on western guns. I much prefer an even paint job , whether black or silver. Preferably the former.

Are these available or are we still waiting for them in the UK?

It would be nice if they could eventually come up with a short barrelled version of the Schofield, and a 4.75 inch barrelled version of the Colt, the real gun slingers' gun as seen in so many classic westerns.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

I looked down the barrel of the pellet firing model and the barrel is smoothbore. As far as we could tell the only difference was the finish and the cartridges which is why there is very little difference in the price.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Just trying to make us buy two.
    Fell for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I looked down the barrel of the pellet firing model and the barrel is smoothbore. As far as we could tell the only difference was the finish and the cartridges which is why there is very little difference in the price.
    As I suspected.

We were told the Remington had a smooth barrel and could shoot pellets and bbs.

If the Schofields are all smooth barrelled, why wasn't this made explicit to buyers?

I wonder.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

taa Patrick for the heads up.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Accuracy at ten yards while I am getting used to my new BB Schofield this morning already seems considerably better than with my BB Peacemaker, and on an even parr with my aforementioned Webley BB Mk.VI. Further up-dates to follow, but at present, am thoroughly delighted, and can't see that changing any time soon. As said, more later . Atb: G.
    At 10 yards the Schofield BB gave me 10p piece sized groups of six shots;
    At 10 yards the Peacemaker BB gave me 2p piece sized groups of six shots, and
    At 10 yards the Webley Mk.VI BB gave me 10p piece sized groups of six shots, too.

All three gave/give me X70 good power shots followed by x12+ okay plinking shots per Co2 bulb (envisage this increasing as the weather warms), and all three are a delight to own, cherish, and shoot -- although on many levels, my new Schofield is the best of the batch by far (here, however, I may be currently slightly bias, as at present said Schofield is enjoying the mantle of newest toy syndrome lol ) ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Sounds like a busy day!

As a Milky Bar Kid I can see why the real Colt was the favoured Wild West tool.

I wouldn’t want to lug a Schofield around!

Thats why you needed a horse to carry it for you.

Sounds like a busy day!

I wouldn't want to lug a Schofield around!

Lol, and backed up by the fact that the Colt Peacemaker is by far the sexiest looking, too, BUT the build and finish quality on the Schofield raises this particular range of Co2 pistols to another level -- a little like comparing an HW80 to a BSA Super Sport?

I have now looked down barrels on both Schofield models ( I was too dumb to remove the top cartridge before!)
    There is no difference ,they are both smooth bore.

So buy whichever gun and ammo you fancy.
    My RFD has spare shells so guess they are available.

I picked up a Schofield today, the steel grey bb one with white grips and what a beautiful gun it is.I found the action with shells in the cylinder a little stiff on cocking as a couple,but not all of the shell rims would bind slightly on the synthetic valve port face,a little pelgunoil smeared on this part freed things up plus a little judicious oiling elsewhere also helped.The action is now slick,quick and smooth!

The Schofield with Umarex bb's is accurate and at half a dozen yards shoots to point of aim and groups well.The sights provide a very good sight picture,clearer than the Colt or Remington's sight pictures.

Whilst in the shop I was seduced by the stunning beauty of a 7.5" barrelled pellet Umarex Colt SAA.The blued finish very much mimicking nitre blued steel and with ivory grips the gun is exquisite,indeed,so it came home with me,too!

A couple of very enjoyable hours have just been spent in the garage shooting paper groups and peppering steel soup cans something the bb shooters excel at!

The 7.5" SAA seems to have a bit more power than the 5.5" barrelled ones as one would expect from a longer barrel on a Co2 pistol,which was welcome.

Happy days,I wonder what will appear next from days of yore in a Co2 replica........
    Last edited by mrto; 19-12-2017 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    Happy days,I wonder what will appear next from days of yore in a Co2 replica........
    I would love to see and own a Co2 Mars pistol as I will probably never see let alone own a real one.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    I would love to see and own a Co2 Mars pistol as I will probably never see let alone own a real one.

Yes,there are a number of early semi-autos that would be nice to see in a Co2 replica my favourite being the Steyr...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/93/90...9cb455bdd4.jpg
    Last edited by mrto; 19-12-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Sounds like a busy day!

I wouldn’t want to lug a Schofield around!

It was Jesse James's revolver of choice, not a bad pedigree

https://youtu.be/kBjCO5YnoD4
    Last edited by Paul55; 19-12-2017 at 07:48 PM.
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Quote Originally Posted by Paul55 View Post

It was Jesse James's revolver of choice, not a bad pedigree

https://youtu.be/kBjCO5YnoD4
    Indeed it was. The Smith & Wesson Schofield was always noted as Jessie James's pistol of choice. And forget the film deviations, for the S&W Model 3, the S&W Army, and the S&W Schofield (difference between these three being the styles of break latches, only, otherwise they are all basically the same pistol) were also the hand guns which Wyatt Earp et al used during the 'Gunfight at the OK Corral' in Tombstone, Arizona, back in 1881, with several involved actually using the fully fledged Schofield, due to its ease of reloading.

Yep, the Schofield had -- and has -- all the pedigree needed to propel it to being the number one post Civil War Wild West American pistol of choice -- very closely followed by the sexier looking (but less easy to re-load) Colt Peacemaker.

I did a whole module on the history of America's frontiersmen and the expansion West, as part of my degree back in the day, as being a child of the 1960s and 1970s when the Wild West ruled our three channel TV screens, I just can't help but love that whole 'Cowboy' period of history.

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 19-12-2017 at 08:59 PM. Reason: to clarify info.