Thread: benjamin pistol valuation please

benjamin pistol valuation please

I've have had a benjamin co2 E9a black .20 cal, pistol for about 20+ years , its always lived in its tatty box, had 2 cylinders in it in its life, pretty much as it left the factory, added a trigger shoe, but enamel is as new as are grips etc, slight wear to end cap, no corrosion or rust, wondered what its worth, it seems to be holding gas ok since i put a cylinder in a few days ago,
    more than a few health issues are making me wake up to my own mortality.
    any pricing advice would be appreciated. thanks

ps, do the nickel or black pistols fetch different prices due to the different finishes, just curious

I have one of these and they are a great pistol. The .20 calibre is the more sort after one too. There was one on Gunstar recently for £190.00 so I think realistically condition dependant you could fetch between £150 - £200

if you look threw the sales adds they usually go from £60 to £100 last one on here went for £40
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....light=benjamin

eb pistols whilst sometimes sought after aren't in demand compared to crosman 22xx's so can take longer to sell so people often drop the prices for a quick sale
    as a guide one with full factory finish is worth more than one that is polished(usually polished when original finish is scratched to buggery although some strange folk seem to do it to guns with good finish but everyone has different likes)
    boxed with paperwork also adds to price
    the .177 is often the sought after one as is the .68 pgp paintball gun
    so a vgc .20 in box even though tatty is about £120-130 unboxed £100-110 rough condition or polished £60-80
    if you have the nickeled version prices are higher if in good condition

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I have one of these and they are a great pistol. The .20 calibre is the more sort after one too. There was one on Gunstar recently for £190.00 so I think realistically condition dependant you could fetch between £150 - £200
    There are many over-priced guns advertised on both Gunstar and Freeads - it doesn't mean they actually found anyone stupid enough to buy them at those prices

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    There are many over-priced guns advertised on both Gunstar and Freeads - it doesn't mean they actually found anyone stupid enough to buy them at those prices
    ive seen pop out guns, on gunstar going for £100 no one would buy them.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdriver View Post
    I've have had a benjamin co2 E9a black .20 cal, pistol for about 20+ years , its always lived in its tatty box, had 2 cylinders in it in its life, pretty much as it left the factory, added a trigger shoe, but enamel is as new as are grips etc, slight wear to end cap, no corrosion or rust, wondered what its worth, it seems to be holding gas ok since i put a cylinder in a few days ago,
    more than a few health issues are making me wake up to my own mortality.
    any pricing advice would be appreciated. thanks

ps, do the nickel or black pistols fetch different prices due to the different finishes, just curious
    Hello,

Unfortunately, some of the lower valuations quoted above would be more realistic. I bought a nice boxed example from a dealer for just £80 a couple of years ago. I doubt they have increased much in value since then.

Good luck with the sale.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    I've just done a bit of research and it would seem that you are indeed spot on with that comment. People do indeed seem to expect too much on a lot of things on Gunstar. £60 - 100 is probably more realistic

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    £80 for a good one imo. The 2240 is just so much more versatile and cheaper than that new.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

benjamin

Thanks for all the comments, i do class it as a collectors gun thats shootable as opposed to something to play with and tinker abt with like the crosman 22 series etc. am currently making a list of pistols am going to sell via one media or another. again thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdriver View Post
    Thanks for all the comments, i do class it as a collectors gun thats shootable as opposed to something to play with and tinker abt with like the crosman 22 series etc. am currently making a list of pistols am going to sell via one media or another. again thanks,
    I always find value and cost are often far apart the eb aren't as popular due to the fact that not much can be done to them so there isn't the demand for them so buyers are fewer people who are selling them often req the money in a rush to fund something else,so will keep dropping the price to try and tempt a sale giving the impression that this type of guns value is lower than it is
    I have all three calibers plus two .68 cal versions called the pgp my e9a's are all vgc but only one is boxed and I value each as in the £100-130 range even though I paid less for them ironically the boxed .20 was the cheapest one of the bunch
    at the end of the day though value is determined by what someone else is prepared to pay so if you have the most valuable item in the world but no one wants it then it is to all intent it's worthless