Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purple and Yellow Webley Flyer Booklet

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Purple and Yellow Webley Flyer Booklet

Evening Gents. Seeing the Webley booklet as detailed on another thread in this section, I started to recal the Webley booklets that came with my Raider and Longbow pre 2006 (when Webley went bust ). I particularly liked these. They were yellow and purple, and detailed all in the Webley range (inc. Stinger pistols) at that time.

The yellow and purple booklet which came with my Raider held info on the Tomahawk as the top of the range springer, and the one that came with my Longbow some two years later, featured the Tomahawk's replacement, the Longbow, as the top of the range springer (obviously, lol).

The earlier version of these two yellow and purple booklets also had each model's RRP price printed in it. The latter one did not. Not knowing pre 2006 that the real Webley Co. was soon to be no more, I stupidly gave these leaflets away ... Now eleven years on, I would dearly love to have a vgc to mint copy of one or both of these booklets again, if possible, so if anyone can help, here, do please let me know.

Many thanks in anticipation, and Merry Christmas to all the esteemed members and visitors of this here Collectors Corner: Gareth.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

I have mint copies of the 2001 200th. Anniversary Edition, and the 2004/5 Catalogues, but neither appear to have any pricing information.
    I also have copies of the January 1991 Spare parts list containing exploded diagrams and parts lists for the Eclipse, Omega, Viscount/Tracker, Vulcan Series 3, Victor, Beeman C1 & C15, Excel, Hurricane, Tempest, and parts lists only for 'Discontinued Models' Osprey, Hawk Mk.11, Hawk Mk.111, Jaguar, Premier Mk.11, Mk.3, Junior Air Pistol, and Falcon.
    These were all rescued before being skipped when Webley closed down. Unfortunately, quite a lot more literature was skipped.
    I've also got quite a few individual flyers, including for the ill fated Paradigm.
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 13-12-2017 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Additional Information.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I've also got quite a few individual flyers, including for the ill fated Paradigm.
    What happened to the Paradigm? - seemed to have so much promise at the time and looked really good I thought.
    Loved the fluted barrel...

I had some great flyers from early 2000s but I threw them away each year as new one came out. Not knowing they would go bust in 2005

Now bought some repro's from but mk3 only. Dont think I have any left with tommy/lb etc in it.
    Paradigm was wayy too expensive. People buy pcp for that money
    ATB,
    yana

I believe the main problem with the Paradigm was the unreliability of supply, and the fact that the maker kept changing the specifications from those originally supplied to and accepted by Webley.
    Before Webley as was went tits up, I was hoping to get a look at a Paradigm, as my friend at Webley was due to collect three examples from the maker in Dorset, and was going to call in to me on the way back to Brum, but, yet again, he got a call saying they were not ready so I never did get to see one.
    I believe several, I think it was three, did eventually find their way into Webley's hands, but had to be returned to the maker on the demise of Webley as was.
    I did hear, I think it may have been on the BBS, that the maker was going to try and get a Chinese manufacturer interested in their manufacture, but I haven't heard any more about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Evening Gents. Seeing the Webley booklet as detailed on another thread in this section, I started to recal the Webley booklets that came with my Raider and Longbow pre 2006 (when Webley went bust ). I particularly liked these. They were yellow and purple, and detailed all in the Webley range (inc. Stinger pistols) at that time.

The yellow and purple booklet which came with my Raider held info on the Tomahawk as the top of the range springer, and the one that came with my Longbow some two years later, featured the Tomahawk's replacement, the Longbow, as the top of the range springer (obviously, lol).

The earlier version of these two yellow and purple booklets also had each model's RRP price printed in it. The latter one did not. Not knowing pre 2006 that the real Webley Co. was soon to be no more, I stupidly gave these leaflets away ... Now eleven years on, I would dearly love to have a vgc to mint copy of one or both of these booklets again, if possible, so if anyone can help, here, do please let me know.

Many thanks in anticipation, and Merry Christmas to all the esteemed members and visitors of this here Collectors Corner: Gareth.
    Great and interesting info to date on this thread, but anyone able to help with the above, please?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

What size were these booklets Gareth ?

What size were these booklets Gareth ?
    They came in the boxes with the rifles and pistols at that time (early to mid naughties), so should in theory be great in number, and they were approx 5" high by approx 4" wide. Ring any bells?

They came in the boxes with the rifles and pistols at that time (early to mid naughties), so should in theory be great in number, and they were approx 5" high by approx 4" wide. Ring any bells?
    Sorry, No.

Sorry, No.
    Ok, thanks For looking anyway, as is appreciated. Anyone else able to help, here, please?

Hi Gareth,

I remember these 'freebies' and I'll have a look for a spare the next time I go up in the loft. I know I provided Tim Dyson with some spare catalogues from this era a year or so ago, so if I don't find one, it may be worth contacting Tim to see if he had one among the batch he bought from me.

Kind regards,

John

I believe the main problem with the Paradigm was the unreliability of supply, and the fact that the maker kept changing the specifications from those originally supplied to and accepted by Webley.
    Before Webley as was went tits up, I was hoping to get a look at a Paradigm, as my friend at Webley was due to collect three examples from the maker in Dorset, and was going to call in to me on the way back to Brum, but, yet again, he got a call saying they were not ready so I never did get to see one.
    I believe several, I think it was three, did eventually find their way into Webley's hands, but had to be returned to the maker on the demise of Webley as was.
    I did hear, I think it may have been on the BBS, that the maker was going to try and get a Chinese manufacturer interested in their manufacture, but I haven't heard any more about it.
    I distinctly remember the Webley stand on the test range at Weston Park.

With a beautiful new Longbow in my mits, I asked, how many shots can I take?.

The dejected guy in charge said "you take as many as you like mate".

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post

Hi Gareth,

I remember these 'freebies' and I'll have a look for a spare the next time I go up in the loft. I know I provided Tim Dyson with some spare catalogues from this era a year or so ago, so if I don't find one, it may be worth contacting Tim to see if he had one among the batch he bought from me.

Kind regards,

John
    Thank you in anticipation, John. I shall wait with all my bits and bobs suitably crossed.

Thank you in anticipation, John. I shall wait with all my bits and bobs suitably crossed.
    Bit of a 'BUMP' back to the top, just in case Good Guy John doesn't have any luck ...

Bit of a 'BUMP' back to the top, just in case Good Guy John doesn't have any luck ...
    Sorry Gareth, I haven't braved the loft yet as it's freezing up there. Will let you know when I have been up.

Kind regards,

John