Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Purple and Yellow Webley Flyer Booklet

Hi Gareth,

Sorry it's taken me so long but I have finally looked through my archives and could only find one example of the little Webley booklet, which is part of a boxed set, so I don't really want to part with it.

BTW there are no prices printed in my booklet. There is a 'specs' chart included towards the centre, which has a space for prices but no actual figures were printed. Could it be they were left intentionally blank for a dealer or prospective purchaser to enter?

Sorry to disappoint but if I find or hear of another for sale, I'll let you know.

Kind regards,

John

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Hi Gareth,

Sorry it's taken me so long but I have finally looked through my archives and could only find one example of the little Webley booklet, which is part of a boxed set, so I don't really want to part with it.

BTW there are no prices printed in my booklet. There is a 'specs' chart included towards the centre, which has a space for prices but no actual figures were printed. Could it be they were left intentionally blank for a dealer or prospective purchaser to enter?

Sorry to disappoint but if I find or hear of another for sale, I'll let you know.

Kind regards,

John
    Hi. Thanks for looking anyway. The first of these I had came with a Raider, and did actually have the RR prices factory printed in it, which incensed the shop proprietor I bought said rifle from, as they had to lower their price once I pointed this out to them (lol). The later one with my Longbow had no prices pre-printed in it, however, as reckon, by then, too many shops had raised their concerns regarding this? Atb anyway ... Anyone else able to help?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi. Thanks for looking anyway. The first of these I had came with a Raider, and did actually have the RR prices factory printed in it, which incensed the shop proprietor I bought said rifle from, as they had to lower their price once I pointed this out to them (lol). The later one with my Longbow had no prices pre-printed in it, however, as reckon, by then, too many shops had raised their concerns regarding this? Atb anyway ... Anyone else able to help?
    Interesting story Gareth and poetic justice!

See if Tim Dyson may have a copy - I know Tim sometimes brings quite a few folders of vintage paperwork to fairs with him and as I say, he bought some of my surplus late Webley items, so you may be in luck.

Kind regards,

John

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post

Interesting story Gareth and poetic justice!

See if Tim Dyson may have a copy - I know Tim sometimes brings quite a few folders of vintage paperwork to fairs with him and as I say, he bought some of my surplus late Webley items, so you may be in luck.

Kind regards,

John
    Thanks John (x2). Can you p-m me Tim's BBS user name, please? Many wotsits and Merry Christmas.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.