Thread: How old are these bits please?

How old are these bits please?

Hi Chaps,

As the unpacking continues I have come across what must be some of my fathers bits and pieces. The Parker Hale and Webley silencers may prove to be useful (will one go on a Ratbuster or is that overkill?). The pistol brace must be donkeys years old and has never been out of its bag and the mounts?? Never seen them before. Is this stuff from the 80's? The Webley silencer has started to develop rust spots...I have no idea what these were intended for, I imagine the price would be a good guide for those who were buying these things at the time?

As yet nothing unexpected worth anything has turned up but I live in hope!

http://s754.photobucket.com/user/fos...ayewy.jpg.html

http://s754.photobucket.com/user/fos...b3bq1.jpg.html

http://s754.photobucket.com/user/fosters11/library/

The Webley Aimbrace could fit either the Hurricane/Tempest, or the Nemesis, according to which adaptor is included in the packet. This is normally marked on one side of the top card.
    the Pro System silencer should have several aluminium spacers/shims with it to cater for various sizes of barrels.

Thanks Trouble-I never even looked at the packaging! its for a Tempest/Hurricaine! As for the silencer....it is rattling if I shake it so I assume the spacer are inside.

Must be 80's stuff?

Thanks Trouble I had a Eureka moment just by reading the label

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Gamocfx View Post
    Thanks Trouble-I never even looked at the packaging! its for a Tempest/Hurricaine! As for the silencer....it is rattling if I shake it so I assume the spacer are inside.

Must be 80's stuff?

Thanks Trouble I had a Eureka moment just by reading the label
    Hi Carl

I think the PH silencer has springs and washers inside that 'Boing' upon shooting, I think they do rattle a bit when shaken, I think it was Kamag on here that gave me a PH years ago..

I have a Webley Pro System silencer that came on one of my guns, I removed it as it wasn't very effective

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

PH silencer

Hi, I've got one of these and it does not rattle! I suspect it has been stripped and reassembled incorrectly. There is a forcing cone and Spring/spiral diffuser as well as a lot of baffles. If you have the assembly tool it's easy, but I had to make do with a pencil. Mine is a universal fitting, two split collets, and fairly effective on Spring air guns. David

Thanks David, I think you are right, it needs assembling correctly and its fairly heavy! I wont be using it on anything as yet, no tool with it either so when it does get used it will be time to fiddle with a pencil for me as well

The Aimbrace was introduced in 1996, at a RRP of £19.99.

I think the Pro-System silencer was also introduced in the 1990s. I certainly remember buying one new sometime between 1996 and 1999.

Aimbrace

The Aimbrace is sought after by Webley collectors and normally sells for around £50-£60 in used condition without the bag.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    The Aimbrace is sought after by Webley collectors and normally sells for around £50-£60 in used condition without the bag.
    That's interesting as I have a couple brand new in bags with header cards complete with adaptors, one for Nemesis and one for Hurricane/Tempest.

I cant believe this stuff is from the 90's....my memory must be going! The silencers dont look like they would be very effective to me, maybe modern ones are lighter and dont rattle!?