Thread: Is there anyone on the forum who doesn't have a HW80

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Personally I have no use for one I have had a couple though, one being a mint mk1 last year, or was it early this year mmm can't remember My beautiful late 80,s 77k, 99 and 30 are probably all the Weihrauch, s i need.

I haven't got one but I would definitely like one. And a 98 and a 97 etc etc etc etc.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I haven't got one but I would definitely like one. And a 98 and a 97 etc etc etc etc.
    I have all the "proper" HW's and love them, having a collection is good.
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I have all the "proper" HW's and love them, having a collection is good.
    I reckon i'll have one more before the bash. I'm torn between the 80 and 98 though.

I reckon i'll have one more before the bash. I'm torn between the 80 and 98 though.
    Erm, er, er, er.......you really HAVE got to have the both of them, Mike.

Sorry, not helping, am I?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Erm, er, er, er.......you really HAVE got to have the both of them, Mike.

Sorry, not helping, am I?
    Its inevitable it will happen eventually.

It's really a nostalgia thing. When the R1(HW80) came out it was the most powerful thing around, supposedly. I liked my R1 with open sights and it was accurate enough and not heavy at all. One day, back in 1998, I found out what computers are for. Works of the devil that make you lust after all manner of airgun. I spied this thing called a Pro Elite and had to try it. Beautiful and it put out 22 ft. lbs. of power more accurately than the old R1 did at 16-17. I know there were some problem PE's, but mine was very good. 10 Crosman Premier 14.3 gr. pellets straight from the box and the spread was a high of 834 and a low of 829. The standard deviation was 1. Then I went and got bitten by FT and all other guns have left to be replaced by 8 venerable old TX 200's. Nostalgia is powerful, if you don't believe it look at the following the FWB 124 has. Except for ease of cocking, the HW95 stomps all over the 124. It's just nostalgia. I just hope something better doesn't come along to beat my TX's, or I may become nostalgic about them and not move on.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    If I could only have one air rifle it really would be the HW80. With a short stroke it will run beautifully at sub 12 with a pleasurable and reasonably accurate cycle. Come the zombie apocolypse knock off the short stroke, sharpen the muzzle and it's a survival tool with no equal!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    If I could only have one air rifle it really would be the HW80. With a short stroke it will run beautifully at sub 12 with a pleasurable and reasonably accurate cycle. Come the zombie apocolypse knock off the short stroke, sharpen the muzzle and it's a survival tool with no equal!
    Yes.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!