Thread: Jsb 4.52 or 4.53 for a smooth twist barrel?

Jsb 4.52 or 4.53 for a smooth twist barrel?

As above anyone out there find a prefference in a smooth twist i have an impact thanks in advance

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by max29aug View Post
    As above anyone out there find a preference in a smooth twist i have an impact thanks in advance
    The head size makes no difference as proved time and time again, try different batches which may help.

I found in my Impact it was very pellet fussy to the point most pellets were just shrapnel, it made the gun a pain to use on the whole, I was not impressed by this with a £1600 gun. I think the smooth twist likes faster pellets and higher power, so they are better for FAC than sub 12 from what I've seen and heard. The only thing mine would shoot to a reasonable accuracy was AA Express:

[IMG][/IMG]

This is 15 different pellets to find AA express as a reasonable one to use, all indoors at 30m rested. There are no shots for JSB Monsters as I was missing the page

Your gun will no doubt be different, but this may help point you in the right direction.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I have a .22 Wildcat that prefers Falcon accuracy plus pellets, I know it's not a .177 but you might try the smaller FAP's in your rifle.
    Les..

I have an AERON FX Streamline with the STX barrel and it seems to love all the JSB / AA pellets that shoot horribly in my FT rifles.

I have one batch of Air Arms Fields and another of JSB Exacts that go brilliantly in almost anything... except the FX which hates them. I have other 'reject' batches and it will put them pellet on pellet at 35 yards with good groups all the way out to 55 yards. I have also found it is good with Daystate Kaiser and RWS Superdomes in 4.52.

When I got it I didn't expect it to be so pellet fussy. Also do not use a pull through to clean it, it ruined the accuracy of mine and I only managed to get it shooting well again after using a rod and jag. The Americans say they don't need much cleaning and so I don't intend to clean mine again until the accuracy goes off.

My verminator mk2 really likes H&N field target trophies. None of the jsb pellets grouped well, and even the heavier pellets like jsb heavies and H&N barracuda match which previous FX rifles loved did not group well. The FTT pellets were single hole at 25m.