Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Is there anyone on the forum who doesn't have a HW80

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff555 View Post
    Hello, well I don't and to be honest I really don't think I am going to, a rather different kettle of fish ( wonder where that comes from?) but I bought an HW 57, new, and it was dreadful a real mechanical mess, should Never have left the factory. Unusable.
    Sorry.
    Cheers.
    Geoff.

IMO the '57 and '90 are the worse examples from HW. I have posted this elsewhere on here. (http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....fle-made/page4 post # 55)
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Like many of us, I have owned scores of rifles over the years and have, and still for that matter, enjoy many of them. The one gun for me that is the "leveller" is my tuned 80. It is the gun against which all of my other springers are judged and has required only one mainspring replacement in nearly fifteen years of constant, sometimes very constant use. This is the one to be buried with for me. I anticipate that if I requested this my eldest son would change it for my old Mk 2 Meteor and keep it though!
    I would defy anybody to shoot this particular gun and fail not to be impressed with it. 95s are also a fantastic gun. Problem is they are a lot lighter and therefore bounce more. Lets face it though, they are all nice the HW break barrels.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    It is the gun against which all of my other springers are judged and has required only one mainspring replacement in nearly fifteen years of constant, sometimes very constant use. This is the one to be buried with for me. I anticipate that if I requested this my eldest son would change it for my old Mk 2 Meteor and keep it though!

Andy
    And where, exactly, would this be?

Does your '80 have the reduced diameter inner cylinder or an Apel o/p mount?

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post

Low. Predictably low.

A real enthusiast should have a 30mm MK1 80 or an early MK11 80 in his or her collection I think.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    IMO the '57 and '90 are the worse examples from HW. I have posted this elsewhere on here. (http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....fle-made/page4 post # 55)
    They ARE the worst Weihrauchs ever. The Barracuda doesn't count as technically it is a firearm.

The 57 is a evil mooncalf created when a HW50S and a feral BSA Merlin were put in the reactor chamber at Herman's Bavarian Secret Lab, and the 90 is clearly an attempt by both Weihrauch and Theoben to avoid profit losses caused by stealing eachothers customers.

One is sired by the Devil, the other by Mammon. So both are cursed and damned and must walk the Earth causing perdition.

Yes Herr Jones..... the 80 does have 25mm internals. No, it doesn't have one of the many Weihrauch Apel mounts you have lying around your museum that you will sell to nobody. You b------d.
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Hw80

My 80 would be the last rifle I ever get shut of, not because it's the best rifle ever but because it came to me in a right state & I made it quite good in looks & performance. It was the 1st rifle I ever fettled & for a long time it was the only rifle I had. Think it's called sentimental value, then again nostalgia isn't what it used to be😉
    John.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Low. Predictably low.
    I didn't ask 'when'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    They ARE the worst Weihrauchs ever. The Barracuda doesn't count as technically it is a firearm.

The 57 is a evil mooncalf created when a HW50S and a feral BSA Merlin were put in the reactor chamber at Herman's Bavarian Secret Lab, and the 90 is clearly an attempt by both Weihrauch and Theoben to avoid profit losses caused by stealing eachothers customers.

One is sired by the Devil, the other by Mammon. So both are cursed and damned and must walk the Earth causing perdition.
    Ditto.

Digging

I'm pretty handy with a spade IJ, you point, I'll dig😉
    John.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

I have 2 HW80's-a V Glided legal limit .20 and a FAC Maglaza .22 which is quite old and does 22 ft lb. They both shoot really well and are super 'desert island' air rifles. I cannot see myself not owning one for the rest of my life. As I don't see the point in 'weight for its own sake' for regular use in legal limit I think the HW95 is probably a more suitable choice provided you have a muzzle weight to reduce 'flip'. However, if I had to pick one I'd pick the FAC .22
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Had an FAC one for several years then our ways parted.
    Got a replacement sub 12 one a couple of years later, no idea why, I don't think I was withdrawing, but when you have something verminous scuttling about 30 odd meters down the garden it comes in quite handy.

I had one in .177 and bought it new.
    I fitted a drop in kit and it was perfectly good.
    Didn't keep it though, moved it on after a while.
    Can't remember it being bad in any way.
    I really gelled with a 97k which came into my possession though, have now just acquired a new 97k.
    I think the 80s are great guns - but seem to get along with the 77 platform better.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.

i have 2 hw80s a venom lazerglide sitting in a walnut tyrolean stock mint condition .177cal and a 1981 mk1 .22cal near mint
    and to be honest i love them both and as for the weight of the rifle that does not bother me at all I'm used to heavy rifles and like them better than the light weights
    nearly all my rifles are heavy weights pro elite hw77 hw97 tx200 hw35 light weights bsa light standard and Webley service mk2

Hw80

I have one of the recent hw80k .22 with the shorter barrel and hw silencer. It has ww kit in it and is an absolute tack driver. Yes a good hw 95 will match it but due to its 30mm piston it gives you a real thump in the shoulder and has real character. It feels much lighter than a 97k or tx and IMO is the ultimate hunting springer. Its the only springer I now own and keeps me from getting sloppy with my shooting technique.
    mk2 rapid.22