Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Is there anyone on the forum who doesn't have a HW80

Mines in .22 flavour with a stage 1 SFS tune, I find it lighter to hold than my TX200 HC with a walnut CS Stock
    The one I had previous was a Mike wade modified version which ran a little hot. The Mike Wade modification involved fixing the spring guide to the back block. Wish I kept it now you don't find many nowadays.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

I have two Hw80's,A V-Mach custom in a Vantage/Lazerhunter stock with the reduced cylinder glide .with two barrels 177 and .22.And a standard 80 in .25 cal in a nice GinB sporter type stock,the .25 80 is in standard factory tune and I am happy to shoot it like that. The Hw80 was always my favourite springer until my Pro/elite came along.
    Every one should at least have a shoot with a V- glide 80,they do spoil you for any thing else in my opion.
    Les..

I had a full lazaglide hunter , beautiful gun .. but alas too nice to take her out , sadly sold her and regret it..
    Also had hw80 in .20 with tyrolen stock , the spring guide was fitting to the block , not sure who did it.
    Now got another one in .177 which going to work on .. would love a nice stock for this one but they cost more than the gun did

As anyone modified the boring standard stocks on theirs
    Last edited by darren m; 22-12-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darren m View Post
    I had a full lazaglide hunter , beautiful gun .. but alas too nice to take her out , sadly sold her and regret it..
    Also had hw80 in .20 with tyrolen stock , the spring guide was fitting to the block , not sure who did it.
    Now got another one in .177 which going to work on .. would love a nice stock for this one but they cost more than the gun did

As anyone modified the boring standard stocks on theirs
    Yes and they look quite nice refinished.

Here is my .22 80:

https://goo.gl/photos/3XkWDa2T1opQcLWf7

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post

Here is my .22 80:

I like it a real classic looking airgun.

My favourite is an old MK 11 bought off here. It was re blued by Colin Malloy and fitted with V Mach kit (tuned by them) I later fitted a short threaded 20 cal barrel (originally 22), tweaked spring set (I think I bought a slightly longer spring off V Mach, can't remember now)
    It has an Edgar sirocco moderator, which gives a great cocking grip and is really quiet, and a Nikon EFR 3-9 x scope in two piece sports match mounts.
    I like this one as it's quite compact and a bit lighter than usual, I've often wondered if the re blue lost metal or something, plus the old beated up stock may just be a particularly light one.

It's my all time 'go to' never loose zero, reliable , doesn't power creep 'handy rifle'

I took one of my best shots ever with this hw80, a squirrel on the ground. This was around the time I was discovering 20 cal at uk power is a really cracking choice with FTT weight pellets (I find until past hunting ranges, the trajectory is great, more wallop than 177 but greater PBR than 22, unless using very light 22s, which personally I don't like)

When I first had hw80s I sold them on as big and clompy, unwieldy, slow to shoulder.
    Glided ones are a fair bit lighter, and with shorter barrels 12, 13, 14 inches handling much improves.

My last one a full length old 22 has open sights. With that original 19 inch barrel on, it is too heavy for me when scoped up, I just have it as a big ole 22 open sighted rifle, classic fun.

I think that they can be really great and practical rifles, and with a short stiff spring to get that ruddy great piston moving, have a nice cycle.

I prefer them in 177 / 20 at uk level, as that amount of spring seems to be the best result at uk power (I do have an fac one as well, low 20s fully glided in 22, really set up for chest (heart) shooting squirrels, and Crows)

You can never beat an 80 IMO, but recently I have been shooting an old 22 77K with 25mm internals, with great success and pleasure at Iden Ferns, just for fun, which has an uncanny like and accuracy with HW branded FTT (HW Pellets, the H&N variety)
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

I guess I can come off the list of folk not owning an 80 as I've just bought a 1981 mk1.
    B.A.S.C. member

Ill stick my hand up and say I don’t own one and never have.
    Looked at a fair few but have never found one I fancy.

I've had a couple of HW80's over the years, a .177 Venom Lazaglide in a superb Walnut T/Hole stock, which I was told by Venom was a Gary Cane stock, and another V-Mach .177 rifle that was converted to order by Steve, and fitted with a CS T/Hole stock, but I never got round to using it so sold it to someone on here who was prepared to pay the asking price.
    I kept the original Lazaglided rifle, but as I could no longer use it, I sold it to another BBS member who had been after it for the stock for quite some time, so now I have none, - but do have a couple of HW80 stocks to dispose of.

I was without one from 1984, when I put in my .177" 80 rabbiter for a 77, until last year, when I came across a mint 1981 .22" at the Boinger Bash and fell for her. TbT'd at standard stroke, shoots very nicely at 11.5ft lbs, accuracy is outstanding with 15.9gr JSB. Never achieved such tight groups in the early 1980's, due I think to today's better made pellets. Super rifles, don't mind the heft at all.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    but do have a couple of HW80 stocks to dispose of.
    Are they custom stocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post

Here is my .22 80:

yeah retro , like to have a bit of checkering on the forestock too though.

is that walnut stained and tru oil , thinking of buying the birchwood casey kit