Thread: First 13 years of Airgun World Worth?

First 13 years of Airgun World Worth?

Just wondering what 13 years from the very first are worth? Well read but not too shabby.
    Just interested what people think.
    Or the first ten years of Air Gunner?

I had two spare annuals 1986, and 87 up on the bay for a tenner each inc post and no takers. So had me wondering.

Certainly can’t get much for Classic car mags from the 70s.
    In fact nothing.

What about all AGW ever plus all specials including both sept 1989 issues because of prometheus pellets free gift contravening Fire arms act 1968 ?

ccdjg is offline Airgun Alchemist, Collector and Scribe
    What is the first 13 years of Airgun World worth? A hell of a lot more than the last 20 years.

I acquired a few very early AW’s froma boot fair and they made for excellent reading. It took me back to the time when I desperately wanted an airgun and kept pleading with my parents. I got a Relum Taurus and still have it now, 35 years later.
    I paid a pound for each.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The problem is usually the weight. I would say that, compared to books on airguns, like Walter's book, Smith's and Wesley's book, a massive pile of Airgun World like that ought to be worth £100-£120 ish. There isn't anywhere else that this kind of information and history is documented, so it is kind of worth that amount of money even if there are alot of pages of advertising, these are of interest too. The cost of the shipping is usually where a deal falls down, they are very heavy and so you would need to use a courier.

I think I bought the first ten years for about £50, but had to drive to pick them up.

Selling them individually on the bay of e might net the biggest profit but take ages.

Why not sell them on here by the year, in 12 or 11 batches? I would advertise them as 'the year you started airgunning' and sell them as nostalgia pieces at £30 a go including post. Then its only a couple of quid a magazine, and what could be better for a shed or man-cave than some 1970s or 80s copies of AGW? I would buy a year...

They could be left to educate the poorly masses in doctors waiting rooms...

Quote Originally Posted by ccdjg View Post
    what is the first 13 years of airgun world worth? A hell of a lot more than the last 20 years.