Thread: Holts - BSA Standard sold for £1,300 hammer!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Holts - BSA Standard sold for £1,300 hammer!

This beautiful example sold for £1,300 hammer!

Note the transitional stock.

B.S.A. FOR A. G. PARKER, BIRMINGHAM
    AN EXTREMELY GOOD .22 UNDER-LEVER AIR-RIFLE, MODEL 'STANDARD 'MATCH'', serial no. S39108,
    for 1929, with blued 19 1/4in. tapering barrel fitted with a rare 'A.G. Parker' windage adjustable pillar fore-sight with side-protectors, elevating notch rear-sight forwards of the loading tap, plain air chamber signed in bright etching 'THE BSA STANDARD AIR-RIFLE .22 BORE (No2)' together with the manufacturers details and patents on five further lines, three-hole trigger-unit signed on the top 'A.G. PARKER & Co LTD. BIRMINGHAM', walnut chequered saw-handled grip fitted with a BSA peep-sight (re-mounted by Parker'), iron trigger-guard and push-button under-lever with no provision for fore-end, the whole remaining in outstanding original condition and showing minimal signes of use (an odd hairline scratch to finish and screwheads slightly marked)
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

And to think I just sold one just like that with a slip and pellets for £190

What wonderful condition! And unusual. In the US we just had 5? BSA underlevers go through an auction site is just horrid condition, condition just so much of the price.

It is in wonderful condition apart from the various screw slots, obviously two (or more) fairly wealthy bidders wanted it. It's all in the eye and the wallet of the beholder after all...
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

I still remember a BSA light in awesome shape and I thought it was a little too much money. Waited for it to come down for two weeks and then someone buys it for the high buy it now price. Probably the smart guy. I’ll spend years trying to find one like it!

Must be something in the water supply.