Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What air rifle would you class as the pinnacle

What air rifle would you class as the pinnacle

Moneys always being tight for my air gunning,after a fair few years I've been lucky enough to get myself a very nice steyr lg110ft all sorted by top bloke Chris c ,I've always liked early lg100 when I first joined a club,I'm just interested in what rifle you would put at the top of your list for competition shooting? &why?

Currently the only one I’ve got,a tuned Tx200hc,it’s shooting well and I’m getting better the more I use it,it’ll be my hft rifle for next years season,I’ve used various pcps but enjoy shooting the tx,if you don’t enjoy it there’s no point

Re

Quote Originally Posted by shakeysimon View Post
    Currently the only one I’ve got,a tuned Tx200hc,it’s shooting well and I’m getting better the more I use it,it’ll be my hft rifle for next years season,I’ve used various pcps but enjoy shooting the tx,if you don’t enjoy it there’s no point
    Well said

Just received an ISP AIRSTREAM that I had commissioned now awaiting the stock to be made, I wanted a custom rifle built to fit me and not me fit a ''off the shelf'' rifle this will be my main hft comp rifle for 2018

That's probably Top Trumps.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    That's probably Top Trumps.
    LOL imagine so

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    No such thing. Our Steyr H5 is stunningly accurate and utterly dead to shoot, but I get more fun from shooting my BMG or HW95.

If money were no object I would buy an ISP Spartan and probably never shoot it.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Ok for me competition is HFT, occasionally. My dream rifle would be a Daystate CRX in leftie format. I have had a go on a couple of these in right handed format and they were lovely.
    However they are rare'ish and I am starting to get a strange urge to sell off a lot of my rifles and buy a steyr HFT rifle instead. So maybe that is my new dream rifle?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    The search goes on.

Currently my LG110 HFT is probably my most accurate, but my Tsar is also a contender for that crown? I've still not found "the one", but would still like to try a TM1000 and an Anschutz 9015. I see a couple of people posting about ISP, but I don't know much about them, I think they are just a one man band doing custom work, so it's difficult to know if their stuff is as good as the top makers as it's obviously in very limited quantity and no one is going to slag off a gun they have had made for themselves if it's not as good as off the shelf stuff?

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

One man’s pinnacle is different to another’s

I could argue different guns depending on the discipline. Besides, there are many guns I’ve not shot and some that I have were disappointing.
    Last edited by zephyr; 16-12-2017 at 02:59 AM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I get more fun from shooting my BMG or HW95.

If money were no object I would buy an ISP Spartan and probably never shoot it.
    You've got a Browning Machine Gun? Respect.

I had a look over (cuddle?) of a ISP Spartan, it really was beautiful, and superbly engineered. I was left with the impression that if I had enough money to buy one, I would get an FAC and buy a Sako FinnFire in .22 rimfire instead. It is an air-rifle with the look of a beautiful rimfire, so why not buy the rimfire and save a grand?

I must confess, when I was offered a look at a Spartan by my friend Craig P. The first thing I did was open the bolt to check if there was a centerfire round in the breech.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    You've got a Browning Machine Gun? Respect.

Nooo! It's my Sumatra Carbine. I used to call it my gay cowboy gun, that was then. Due to suddenly being made to feel at risk of gender misrepresentation by our resident trans, glans and flans representative, I then changed it to the Brokeback Mountain Gun, or BMG
    God rest ye jelly mental men

steyr H5 for me. Superbly engineered
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    The search goes on.

Currently my LG110 HFT is probably my most accurate, but my Tsar is also a contender for that crown? I've still not found "the one", but would still like to try a TM1000 and an Anschutz 9015. I see a couple of people posting about ISP, but I don't know much about them, I think they are just a one man band doing custom work, so it's difficult to know if their stuff is as good as the top makers as it's obviously in very limited quantity and no one is going to slag off a gun they have had made for themselves if it's not as good as off the shelf stuff?

James
    Feel free to give me a shout if there’s anything you’d like to know.
    Shaun (the ‘S’ bit in ISP) is one of most talented, true gunsmiths in the country.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation