Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What air rifle would you class as the pinnacle

Edtwozeronine is offline I say dear boy, would you mind awfully doing as you're told?
    I'd have a copy of that chap's HW100 with a phat-bottle and bipod fitted to it. It looks ridiculous, but probably does the job and has a higher shot count than mine.
    ***Proud Member of Castleton Air Rifle Club***

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    No such thing. Our Steyr H5 is stunningly accurate and utterly dead to shoot, but I get more fun from shooting my BMG or HW95.

If money were no object I would buy an ISP Spartan and probably never shoot it.
    If money was no object I would buy a air bottle so I could shoot my Spartan that I purchased when money was a problem

During my FT shooting days, I had most of the top flight PCP's, in some cases in multiples. I'm talking Walther lg300, Annie's, LG100/110, RN10 through to mk3 ev2's. Never did have a FWB, but was unfortunate enough to own an early Daystate Grand Prix.

I now don't shoot competively (looking to start HFT though) I can honestly say that I will probably never own another PCP.

I'm currently really enjoying shooting and tinkering with springers. My pinnacle rifle will be my sorted pro elite when it returns from Mr Pope.
    I know the PE is not to everybody's liking due to weight/size/swept volume etc. But it does feel like quality and I will have had sorted at least one of the above issues along with some other rather nice additions by the time it returns to me.

spartan classic /h5sa

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    No such thing. Our Steyr H5 is stunningly accurate and utterly dead to shoot, but I get more fun from shooting my BMG or HW95.

If money were no object I would buy an ISP Spartan and probably never shoot it.
    I am lucky to have the 2 air rifles the hunting 5 must be one of the best air rifles made today IMHO.
    The isp air rifles must be one of if not the only air rifles which are hand made in the uk love both of them

Quote Originally Posted by partner k1250 View Post
    I am lucky to have the 2 air rifles the hunting 5 must be one of the best air rifles made today IMHO.
    The isp air rifles must be one of if not the only air rifles which are hand made in the uk love both of them
    Totally agree I have both in gary cane stocks, the h5 is the best production gun from a big maker and the isp is the best hand made custom. made to order one. both are well engineered works of art.

I've just taken my Brocock Bantam out of its case as I hope to shoot Sunday.
    It's big bottle is full, its accurate ,and the rubber? stock is nice and WARM!

So I'm happy with it.

For a while....

Quote Originally Posted by BALD ERIC View Post
    If money was no object I would buy a air bottle so I could shoot my Spartan that I purchased when money was a problem
    I know someone who might fill it for a fondle.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    None.
    Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I know someone who might fill it for a fondle.
    Me or the gun

Hes not fussy.

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Ok for me competition is HFT, occasionally. My dream rifle would be a Daystate CRX in leftie format. I have had a go on a couple of these in right handed format and they were lovely.
    However they are rare'ish and I am starting to get a strange urge to sell off a lot of my rifles and buy a steyr HFT rifle instead. So maybe that is my new dream rifle?
    Just buy a right handed CRX and learn to shoot like a normal person
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    Just buy a right handed CRX and learn to shoot like a normal person
    Hi Graham,
    It will take more than ignoring my left eye dominance to make me like a normal person
    Rich
    PS I would happily buy a "normal" CRX and put a lefty stock on it.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Having spent some time with a friend at Shaun's I.S.P workshops, I can only say that my Anschutz 9015 will be getting flogged allowing me to afford one of the I.S.P Airstreams next year. I could not believe the attention to detail and superb engineering that is built into every hand made gun. They dont even cost the earth either.
    A genuine work of engineering art that actually shoots well, and made here in the U.K to boot.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    During my FT shooting days, I had most of the top flight PCP's, in some cases in multiples. I'm talking Walther lg300, Annie's, LG100/110, RN10 through to mk3 ev2's. Never did have a FWB, but was unfortunate enough to own an early Daystate Grand Prix.

I now don't shoot competively (looking to start HFT though) I can honestly say that I will probably never own another PCP.

I'm currently really enjoying shooting and tinkering with springers. My pinnacle rifle will be my sorted pro elite when it returns from Mr Pope.
    I know the PE is not to everybody's liking due to weight/size/swept volume etc. But it does feel like quality and I will have had sorted at least one of the above issues along with some other rather nice additions by the time it returns to me.
    What happened to that HW80 in the Ginb stock? I would love a 25mm piston 80mm stroke Pro Elite.

I'm a springer man through and through, but I'm getting a craving for a Sportsmatch GC2...

I must admit that the GC 2 is a hell of a gun for a PCP. Herr Jones has a couple that he has allowed me to shoot over the years and they for some reason possess a certain character that is sadly missing in the high majority of current PCPs. Just as accurate as anything about now in my opinion. They were also handmade by craftsmen here in blighty which adds to their desirability. For me anyway.
    Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !